Lady Sovereign onstage meltdown.

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

Kinda sad.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    can i get some subtitles up in this bitch?
    at least a transcript....

• Bah, I hoped she had broke down because the crowd was booing her. I resent every scrap of success this talentless bitch gets.

• DJ_ObelixDJ_Obelix 55 Posts
    i like the way that its taken her to pretty much breakdown for the ukhh community to say anything 'nice' about her. until this any 'ukhh head' did nothing but gun her.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    can someone relate the gist of what she is wingeing about?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

actually that was another older meltdown [from 2005] that you just linked to... here's another old incident, just so you all can see that this shit is nothing new...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/39732/Lady_Sovereign_Breaks_Down_L_A_Show_Rescheduled

but for more info on the one in question... go here and scroll down to may 19th...

http://www.pixxiestails.com/

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    i like the way that its taken her to pretty much breakdown for the ukhh community to say anything 'nice' about her. until this any 'ukhh head' did nothing but gun her.

That's cos she's shite.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Not that I consider myself in any way a representative of 'ukhh', or even a 'ukhh head', but I remember seeing Sov a good few years back now, and I thought she had mad potential. Whether that potential's since been harnessed to any effective degree is moot, but most of the evidence would suggest otherwise.

The really telling thing about this clip is how well it illustrates the reality of the grind for most people in the music game, whether their chosen idiom is rap, rock, pop, whatever. The people in the audience really couldn't give a two-bob fuck how tough your life is; as far as they're concerned, you're there to entertain, not bitch about how your schedule is crushing the life out of you. And if you happen to fall to bits onstage whilst wishing you could bin it all and go back to doing open mic nights in East London, you can now pretty much guarantee that someone's going to catch all that on video and whack it up on Youtube. It's a cold, cold world.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Bah, I hoped she had broke down because the crowd was booing her. I resent every scrap of success this talentless bitch gets.

Must....resist...temptation....to....agree...with...Dolo.....

aaaargh! He's right! I can't deny it.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

Kinda sad.

Also, if this comment on the website isn't irony, I'd take her side any day of the week.

Yo that was pathetic. I can't believe you'd diss youself so hard in Williamsburg. Don't you know that you had a crowd of about 500 tastemakers there just for you? I thought you were someone who mattered. How wrong I was. Go fuck yourself.

Lady, your days are numbered. You just flipped the bird to Williamsburg, the center of the universe.[/b] You're over sweety. As a matter of fact, enjoy the pictures that follow this post, cuz they are the last you will ever see. Enjoy!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I just had to look up UKHH. Funny stuff...

Somebody get this chick a record contract. Oh wait...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    how chav are you??!
    Take the Test

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    46%!!!

I think I would have scored higher if I understood what the hell the questions were asking me - what's 'own brand'?

yeabutnobutyeabutnobutyeabutnobutyea

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    hahaha!!

I scored 11 %.

Its the 'potnoodle' that got me in!!

Kinda sad.

Also, if this comment on the website isn't irony, I'd take her side any day of the week.

Yo that was pathetic. I can't believe you'd diss youself so hard in Williamsburg. Don't you know that you had a crowd of about 500 tastemakers there just for you? I thought you were someone who mattered. How wrong I was. Go fuck yourself.

Lady, your days are numbered. You just flipped the bird to Williamsburg, the center of the universe.[/b] You're over sweety. As a matter of fact, enjoy the pictures that follow this post, cuz they are the last you will ever see. Enjoy!

Yeah, this paragraph sorta proves my above point. One of the downsides of the internets is that they've allowed pretty much any gobshite with a high-speed connection to become A Critic. This is fine when the people writing/blogging/whatever are in possession of functioning critical faculties, or have something interesting, original and witty to say and the ability to put that across. But for far too much of the time, you end up with whiny, vinegary, cooler-than-thou bullshit like that. I mean, "tastemakers"!? GTFOOHWTBS.

I don't think Sov is any more deserving of sympathy than anyone else on a similar grind, but when this kind of pissy sniping is actually given some weight (Hi, Pitchfuck!), it can be seriously damaging to developing artists of all stripes at the precise point where they need time and room to grow and reach their own level.

46%!!!

I think I would have scored higher if I understood what the hell the questions were asking me - what's 'own brand'?

48%

In this context, "own brand" would mean a supermarket's own brand of a popular food or drink. So you might buy, oh, I dunno, Target cola (if there is such a thing) rather than Coke or Pepsi, not because you like the taste, but purely because it's cheaper.

46%!!!

48%

In this context, "own brand" would mean a supermarket's own brand of a popular food or drink. So you might buy, oh, I dunno, Target cola (if there is such a thing) rather than Coke or Pepsi, not because you like the taste, but purely because it's cheaper.

I don't drink pop, but I think I just made it to 50% still.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    20% over here. Now, if I only knew what "chav" meant....

Example of definition?

Q) 2 chavs are in a car, there???s no music on, who is driving?
    A) The Police

I did not know until very recently when I started watching Little Britain. Nothing flattering to be sure. I'm sure the UK folks can define it nicely.

It's the UK equivalent of "trailer trash", and has become shorthand for anything worn, consumed or celebrated by working-class/poor people. The people who usually use it as the term of abuse it's become are more often the kind of well-off, well-educated middle-class professional types. The sort who'll move into down-at-heel parts of town en masse because they're "rootsy" or "urban" and who, six months later, band together in "residents groups" to close down all the clubs and bars that drew them to the area in the first place because of all the noise. You might know these people as "hipsters".

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

pssssshhhh....i got that chav ish at 28%

i am curious though if my enjoyment of Stella Artois made me more or less chav?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So does that make Stella Artois the equivalent of Budweiser? I know some folks who love that stuff. They're definitely faux-worldly, though, and would drink cat piss if you put it in a green glass bottle with a label written in a foreign language.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I.m You are 33% chav! woo hoo, fuckin aye, mate. Fuck you fucking cunts. Where's my plaid hat?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Oh my god - too much. Like all the best clueless media
    reporting, they use as their sources satirical material
    like an "Are You an EMO" online quiz, and that new book
    that just came out ... those are jokes, and they act like
    they are factual. That shit was hilarious/pathetic.

I have to admit, I never thought Emo would be seen as
    a "dangerous trend" - too fucking funny.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    how chav are you??!
    Take the Test

I'm 24 percent, but some of the questions made no sense, so I just took a wild stab at answering.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    soulonice, have you been cutting? its the latest thing, everybody's doing it

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    soulonice, have you been cutting? its the latest thing, everybody's doing it

(not so)Funny thing is, I had at least three friends when
    I was teenager in the mid-80's that had issues with cutting
    themselves, so there is nothing "new" or "trendy" about it.