B-Day Reminders (nrr)

jleejlee 1,539 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
How salty would you be if a good friend forgot your birthday? Would you still be salty if they soon remembered and even sent you gifts (albeit late). Is there an age at which time shit like this should be looked as juvenile or not important? And does it matter if its a girl/girl, boy/girl, or boy/boy issue.my girl is experiencing some weird shit right now with one of her homegirls, and we have a debate going on as to what the proper (i.e. 'normal') attitude should be in this situation. just curious about the Struts opinion.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    birthdays are a pain.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I have an aunt who never fails to send BELATED b-day cards to her siblings and their offspring every year. Seems either intentional or a chronic affliction.

SG

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i am a CHRONIC forgetter of birthdays.

shit happens, people have their own lives

and unless you are 11, should you really be giving a fuck?

let it go.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    How salty would you be if a good friend forgot your birthday?

Um, not at all? Those friends of mine who know what my birthday is know of it indirectly, i.e., they remember it from having been to a party a previous year or something--I never go out of my way to tell them what it is and don't have any expectations surrounding it. I mean, it happens every year.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    birthdays are a pain.

Seriously. My birthday this year falls on the date my lease is up and my company is moving. I think my celebration will consist solely of post-move beers. Yay.

Even in general, though - they're a hassle, and almost always anti-climactic. Plus, they're a great reminder of your own mortality. Fun stuff.

And as for folks not remembering your birthday, unless they invited you to a party and you forgot, or they were otherwise reminded that it was upcoming, they really can't be asshurt about it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    H
    my girl.....

sure.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    agreed. thanks for the input.

btw, my b-day is July 5th and i will hatt all of you if you forget it.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    unless it's a significant other or immediate family member, then it wouldn't matter to me at all

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    birthdays are a pain.

which is why I use this:

http://www.birthdayalarm.com/

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you can put birthdays into your address book on os x.

then you can use this to import them to ical.

Pretty handy.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    birthdays are a pain.

which is why I use this:

http://www.birthdayalarm.com/

OH GREAT. so youll have no excuse. youll have to celebrate the birthday of everyone ya know.