don't call it a

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
I actually was gonna come check out the Milk joint, but if you folls wanna come chill for awhile and then head over there, just hollar. I got a lot of guest list space this time around. Anyone ever heard Samantha Ronson do her thing?

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    i'm hesistant about any musician's website where the first in the list of accessible pages is the "photos" page, but since she is twin sister to charlotte ronson i will let it slide, cause my girl loves her some annabelle wedges...

The story goes like this: Samantha originally struck up a friendship with Roc-A-Fella honcho Damon Dash through the New York club scene, where Sam was a rising star behind the ones-and-twos and Damon was, well, Damon Dash. "I thought Samantha was a cool chick," remembers Damon. "She had a great taste in music, and her sneaker game was on point." But upon hearing her unfinished demo on an iPod late one night, Damon signed her immediately to Roc-A-Fella.

Of course, it???s no accident that Samantha found herself an A-List DJ on Manhattan???s celebrity club scene. Her stepfather is Mick Jones of the band Foreigner; it was at Jones??? knee that Samantha learned to love the guitar and life on the road. Her older brother is Mark Ronson, is a famed New York DJ and recording artist in his own right; And her twin sister, Charlotte Ronson, also has the family bug ??? she designs her own C. Ronson clothing label through Dash???s Rocawear empire and has been shouted out in classic tracks from Jay-Z. But those are only the roots: the nourishment of that burgeoning talent is Samantha's own creative drive and tough, energetic attitude.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    [Anyone ever heard Samantha Ronson do her thing?

Is she playing records or performing? I'm fairly fond of "Pull My Hair" and the video was HOT. Saw her playing records on some throw away episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen, that's what I know about her life as a DJ. Seemed fitting?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    i'm hesistant about any musician's website where the first in the list of accessible pages is the "photos" page, but since she is twin sister to charlotte ronson i will let it slide, cause my girl loves her some annabelle wedges...

The story goes like this: Samantha originally struck up a friendship with Roc-A-Fella honcho Damon Dash through the New York club scene, where Sam was a rising star behind the ones-and-twos and Damon was, well, Damon Dash. "I thought Samantha was a cool chick," remembers Damon. "She had a great taste in music, and her sneaker game was on point." But upon hearing her unfinished demo on an iPod late one night, Damon signed her immediately to Roc-A-Fella.

Of course, it???s no accident that Samantha found herself an A-List DJ on Manhattan???s celebrity club scene. Her stepfather is Mick Jones of the band Foreigner; it was at Jones??? knee that Samantha learned to love the guitar and life on the road. Her older brother is Mark Ronson, is a famed New York DJ and recording artist in his own right; And her twin sister, Charlotte Ronson, also has the family bug ??? she designs her own C. Ronson clothing label through Dash???s Rocawear empire and has been shouted out in classic tracks from Jay-Z. But those are only the roots: the nourishment of that burgeoning talent is Samantha's own creative drive and tough, energetic attitude.

I'm glad she paid her dues by putting in years of work being someone's daughter and sister.

Not for nothing, I liked Mark Ronson's album.