Weekday Finds & Buys (5/21 - 5/25)

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Just crossed this off of the list:

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Checked out Brother Ali at Amoeba Hollywood. Crowd was mad tepid. Ali killed it. Afterwards I pulled this one for one dolla, holla.

• tonatona 1 Post
    Got that Wizard of Sound EP. A ghetto closet-electro masterpiece. Reminds me of TJ Hustla, or Otis G Johnson on a happy mothership trip. I'm loving it. Spin Tale of the Talking Drum. Plus one other clip here.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    all from flea bins $0.5 or less over the weekend (yes i know this is weekday))

btw..... the show ag inst lp looks boot, its fat, worth anything?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Checked out Brother Ali at Amoeba Hollywood. Crowd was mad tepid. Ali killed it. Afterwards I pulled this one for one dolla, holla.

Yuichi, love the new avatar.
    Another arrowhead head WORD!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuichi, love the new avatar.
    Another arrowhead head WORD!

Word. It's all about the Arrowheadz Yo.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    UPSKIBOO:

what does this one sound like? my local store has it. should i pick it up?

fred

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    UPSKIBOO:

fred

monumental funk on quadico records, havent seen this album or the label before, apparently band members of grandfunk railroad.... has a version of harlem shuffle with a decent tambourine break, but unless you need that open tambourine you should NOT pick it up!!

• one of several jams:

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

one of several jams:

i found one of these latin zodiac joints as well. its not the same one but similar cover. its mostly spanish over stuff that sounds similar to what you posted.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I bought a reissue/bootleg, yes you read that right...I didnt have 400 euro for an OG, and it is too good a record to pass up...and I am posting it here just because the record is and I dont give a fuck, yeeeee-uh

all rock heads should scoop this...top shelf:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    actually from sunday fleas and a couple from yesterday--so it sort of counts as weekday finds --

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

and Dennis Brown - Border 7" (reissue)

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

i found one of these latin zodiac joints as well. its not the same one but similar cover. its mostly spanish over stuff that sounds similar to what you posted.

Orly? This is actually not a zodiac record but a record by Orquesta Zodiac. Did you find another one by the same band? They have a few, but none of them is close to being as good as this one. I will go on to say that this is THE best salsa record on the Horoscopo label, by far. It is way fucking monster. Nice find captain planet. Where'd you scoop it?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Orly? This is actually not a zodiac record but a record by Orquesta Zodiac. Did you find another one by the same band? They have a few, but none of them is close to being as good as this one. I will go on to say that this is THE best salsa record on the Horoscopo label, by far. It is way fucking monster. Nice find captain planet. Where'd you scoop it?
    mines some horoscope type somethin.
    its in storage right now 2 states away. if i remember ill check it out again after the summer.

• i found one of these latin zodiac joints as well. its not the same one but similar cover. its mostly spanish over stuff that sounds similar to what you posted.

hehe. yeah, I've seen those horoscope records in spanish before. not the same thing.

got this one from :somewhat shameful: carolaprofits... no bargin bin come-up.

but I gotta say, it was 24 bucks well spent in my opinion. I got my Tempo 70 from same seller for cheap.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    got the same orquesta zodiac from a storage unit sale a couple of years ago now (actually memorial day weekend 2k5). bought an entire box of latin lps for five bucks.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Nice minty mono copy of this
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    UPSKIBOO:

fred

monumental funk on quadico records, havent seen this album or the label before, apparently band members of grandfunk railroad.... has a version of harlem shuffle with a decent tambourine break, but unless you need that open tambourine you should NOT pick it up!!

i need that open tambourin, only have a few open tambourines.. the favourite is on agentle giant record. will pick it up tomorrow if its cheap..

• UPSKIBOO:

fred

i need that open tambourin, only have a few open tambourines.. the favourite is on agentle giant record. will pick it up tomorrow if its cheap..
    It's probably cheaper and a lot less time consuming to buy a mic and a tambourine rather than buy records with open tambourine braeks.

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    finally got hold of a digital camera --- hers' my grabs from the last few weeks:

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    man, i've been after that karolak for a while. nice muza finds