If It Rotates... is back!

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited May 2007 in Announcements
Sorry for the delay folks, sometimes life gets in the way... anyways, I have an interesting show this week - some jazz grooves, some Brazillian stuff, and some rock stuff. I also have another great and random Quebec 45, this time a cover of Lee Dorsey's Ya Ya on the Dinamic label. I think there must just be an endless supply of cool Quebec 45s... I even heard a story about people finding 45s from the great Lee Gagnon 'Jeremie' album - how cool is that!? Anyways, I'm a real big fan of the Rotary Connection, and Charles Stepney's lush orchestrations, which fit so well with Minnie Riperton's voice, so I had to play a track from their great LP 'Songs' on the Cadet Concept label. There are lots of great songs on that LP, and I chose 'Tales of Brave Ulysses', which was a song originally written by Eric Clapton for Cream. Also on this show is a pair of songs by the Brazillian percussionist Airto Moreira, who, along with Flora Purim, was a Brazillian artists who played on a lot of music in the US. He's got a very interesting style that I like quite a lot. All that plus Gal Costa, Earth Wind & Fire, Nostalgia 77, and a great long moving track by the Czech band Jazz Q Prague. It's nice to be back!IF IT ROTATES One G Plus Three - SummertimeJimmy McGriff - The WormEarth Wind and Fire - Help SomebodyGal Costa - Deus E O AmorAirto - Papo FuradoAirto - AndeiRotary Connection - Tales of Brave UlyssesJazz Q Prague - The WizardNostalgia 77 - ChangesThe 5 Stairsteps - Ooh ChildJoel Denis - Ya Ya

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    bump!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Next Show up!

Show #49 - Some heavy tracks in this one, I'm telling you... the show opens off with some smoking latin music - a kickass Fruko track from the recent Soundway compilation 'Colombia!', followed by a pair of hard-hitting tracks on the Cotique label. Other show highlights include the Melton Brothers' funky version of 'I'll Take You There' from their private 1979 LP, Sonny Bono's take on Krautrock with 'Motel II', Funkadelic, and the great Curtis Mayfield with 'Right On For the Darkness'. Finishing off the show is trombonist Phil Ranelin's deep spiritual jazz tune 'Vibes from the Tribe'. Some songs are upbeat, some slower, but definitely some heavy tracks worth checking out.

IF IT ROTATES

Fruko y Sus Tesos - Salsa Na Ma
    Johnny Colon y Su Orchestra - Descarga
    Charlie Palmieri - Either You Have It Or You Don't
    Doris Monteiro - A Feira
    El Chicles - Music for a Play Boy
    Sonny Bono - Motel II
    Leslie Miller - He Quit Me Man
    Melton Brothers Band - I'll Take You There
    Funkadelic - Can You Get to That
    Curtis Mayfield - Right on for the Darkness
    Phil Ranelin - Vibes from the Tribe