My cotdamn needle broke!!

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I have one of these: ...so as I'm about to play something, i notice the needle itself is slightly bent to the right (I have no recollection of how/when this happened). I try to play something, and it sounds pretty bad. I try to fix the needle by bending it the other way (oof!), and it's a wrap. And after only two months of use!! My question is, do I need to buy the whole cartridge and everything to replace it? I can't seem to find any replacements for just the stylus on the Shure m97xe.By the way, has anyone else experienced a short lived life from the same model I'm talking about?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    You should be able to buy a replacement needle at your local DJ shop.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Labcabin has 'em

http://www.Labcabin.com/dj_equipment/40/139/4965.html

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Funny...even the name as it appears in the link is automatically changed.

• You should be able to buy a replacement needle at your local DJ shop.
    The link isn't working for me, and neither is the website itself for some reason...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The link isn't working for me, and neither is the website itself for some reason...

The board automatically substitutes the word "labcabin" for the name of a website that, spelled backwards, is "balelbatnrut"...

• You should be able to buy a replacement needle at your local DJ shop.

The board automatically substitutes the word "labcabin" for the name of a website that, spelled backwards, is "balelbatnrut"...
    Gotcha, thanks.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "balelbatnrut"

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I had the same thing happen after about 6 months of use, I'm not sure how it happened either. While it didn't really affect playback, I was constantly worried about what it did to the grooves. I've been more careful with my year old replacement needle, but now that I look at it, it would seem it's ever so slightly bent as well. As far as durability goes, it's no dj needle, that's for sure.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I noticed that one time and assumed maybe it's to keep this board from becoming a marketing vehicle for that site.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    My needle broke on me at the club on the 2nd last song of my set. Lucky i had a spare. Damn those shonky 45 adapters!