Let Dem Ho's Fight - FISHBONE APPRECIATION THREAD

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Fishbone is back. Let Dem Ho's Fight

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Sorry man, I was a huge[/b] fan back in the day (saw them more than 10 times back in the 80's), but they need to move on now. The last 3 or 4 records have all been very They never recovered from losing their best songwriters IMO

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    There's a recent interview with them over at OKP, if anyone is interested in taking a read:
    http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1225543

I've been a fan since the first EP, and kinda went in and out after they were dropped from Columbia. I'm still a fan of Angelo Moore's work, in and out of the band, and Norwood is one of the best bassists out there, period. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to see them live (other than pay-per-view) between 1985-1993, but if they were ever able to unite with the original lineup for one more tour, I would go out of my way to see that. I still say that Fishbone not becoming a success in the late 80's/early 90's when Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, and Faith No More were is one of the biggest musical crimes of the last 20 years.

Well, that and those videos by that short and stubby Danzig guy, but...

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I too am a fan from the 80s. I saw them a lot, usually at The Stone. Most memorable was when they opened for the Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill show.

This latest album sounds really good. I want to see them this Wednesday at Ruby Skye.

"Fishbone is red hot!"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    wow. not the best time to have a song called that.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Huge fan. One of the best shows I ever saw was De La Soul, Goodie Mobb and Fishbone. Fishbone was the band for the Goodie Mobb performance, and about Joi was singing backup for Fishbone, and she had her own set in the middle of it. Angelo was playing the teremin.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Fishbone was the band for the Goodie Mobb performance

cell therapy?????

if so:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Huge fan. One of the best shows I ever saw was De La Soul, Goodie Mobb and Fishbone. Fishbone was the band for the Goodie Mobb performance, and about Joi was singing backup for Fishbone, and she had her own set in the middle of it. Angelo was playing the teremin.

I saw them at probbaly around the same time in Atlanta--Joi had a set in the middle, and Gipp came out and rapped with them at one point. Great show.

Can't believe that was already ten or twelve years ago. Seems like yesterday but also seems like a whole other era.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I saw them at probbaly around the same time in Atlanta--Joi had a set in the middle, and Gipp came out and rapped with them at one point. Great show.

Can't believe that was already ten or twelve years ago. Seems like yesterday but also seems like a whole other era.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was 1996, because it was the only Philly De La show for "Stakes Is High" and Goodie Mobb was doing "Soul Food" material.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I miss the 90s.