20th May - Sunday Afternoon Soul Sessions (L.A.)

BelsonBelson 880 Posts
edited May 2007 in Announcements
Sunday 20th May sees the return of LA's newest weekly soul event, with resident DJ's Greg Belson[/b] and Andy Cobb[/b] plus special guests.Expect selections from gospel to funk, to vintage r&b, to mod........sweet soul, to the deeper edge. Soul music of the highest quality....every Sunday.The launch was a success featuring the mighty rare soul selections of Tommy Potts - a great start to an event we hope will capture the imagination of soulies on a Sunday!This weeks special guest DJ is;Detroit Dave[/b]Formerly a resident DJ of The 45 Club, Dave's addition to this event is very welcome, so expect to hear a great set of classic soul blended with some of the lesser known 70's steppers.Music from 4pm til 9pm and entrance is *FREE* - this event is open to all ages.Venue is;Royal Clayton's1855 Industrial StreetLos AngelesT; 213.622.0512http://www.myspace.com/royalclaytonsrestauranteFuture guests;May 27th - Mike UmholtzJune 3rd - DJ RenatoIf you feel you have the records and the ability to play and you're in the Los Angeles area, let me know.....it's all about building, so give me a shout.Here's some of the tunes that got a spin at the kick off event last Sunday;The Lost Generation ??? 'This is the Lost Generation' (Brunswick)Syl Johnson ??? 'Right on' (Twinight)Vivian Reed ??? 'Walk on my side' (Epic)Alice Clark ??? 'Don't you care' (Mainstream)Terry Callier ??? 'Ordinary Joe' (Cadet)Lou Bond ??? 'Why must our eyes always be turned backwards' (We Produce)Mildred Clark & the Melody-aires ??? 'Keep trying' (ABC Peacock)The Dynamic Mighty Wings ??? 'Free and easy' (Crusade)The Voices of Nashville ??? 'Tell God' (HSE)The Heavenly Band ??? 'We're marching' (Brownwood)Gloster Williams & Master Control ??? 'No cross, no crown' (LA Records)The Summits ??? 'It takes two' (DC International)The Sisters Love ??? 'Give me your love' (Mowest)Rhetta Hughes ??? 'You're doing with her ??? when it should be me' (Tetragrammaton)Barbara Dane ??? 'I'm on my way' (3 Trey)George Perkins ??? 'I'm so glad you're mine' (Royal Sheild)Roy Gaines ??? 'Heavy load' (Bil-Mar)Sheryl Swope ??? 'Can't get him off my mind' (Duo)Steve Gulliory ??? 'Wanted for love' (Garrett)Sue Ann Jones ??? 'I'll give you my love' (TCB)The Florida Spiritualaires ??? 'I remember when' (Ernie's Record Parade)Dennis Lee ??? 'Sunday afternoon' (Jenmark)Ben Craft ??? 'He'll understand' (One-Way)Gospel Travelers ??? 'Jesus is watching you' (Hy Sign)Rawl Soul Express ??? 'The way we live' (Cat)Gospel Nikias ??? 'Got my Jesus on your side' (KB)Preacher & the Saints ??? 'Jesus rhapsody part 1' (King James)Sons of the Kingdom ??? 'Modernization' (K.O.G.)The Chosen Few ??? 'We are the chosen few' (Mod-Art)Jimmy Dews ??? 'Meet me' (Dews)James Stuart & the Dynamics ??? 'Sweet woman' (J and J)

Comments