Rudy Love & The Company Soul

doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Found the 'Suffering Wrath' 45 (on Canyon) the other day hidden amongst an unending cache of Poison & Genesis 7s that I've scoured many time before.I like... a lot... and it was only a few bucks. I am struggling find out much about him/them however - as in are there more. So, school a little dude please.Strangly the 'Rudy Love / Suffering Wrath' 45 was parked beside a nice clean copy of 'Smithstonian / Mississippi Mud' (the double a side version)... also scored for a few dollars. Local spot delivers something interesting for a change... who'da thunk it.

Comments

• use to have a 45 by him on some label from wichita, can't remember the name of it though, think he might have had an lp too

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Wichita dude, dozens of records, first was on Kanwic credited to the Soul Brothers.
    He has a website.
    I smoked a doobie with him and handily beat him at table tennis.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i think he might have had an lp too

i have an lp by him/them. though it is displayed proudly on my expedit i can't recall the name of it. there is an alchemist sample on it that is a bitch to find in that groove.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts

Am I correct in think the later Love Family stuff is more on the steppers / modern soul tip?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Am I correct in think the later Love Family stuff is more on the steppers / modern soul tip?

IMO its more on the disco/ mid-70's soul tip

• hugh_lucerohugh_lucero 485 Posts

Local spot delivers something interesting for a change... who'da thunk it.

** paging Kris Holmes **

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

There is also another LP that has a lot of these songs plus some others. Not sure if it's like a greatest hits with some single thrown in or just a repackaging of this LP.