Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days (NRR)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone else watch this last night (on FX)? I thought it was a fantastic concept, and handled very well (this weeks show was Spurlock and his fiancee showing what it's like to live on minimum wage. A real eye-opener - and ought to be required viewing for anyone that thinks rasing the minimum wage is a bad idea...

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Yeah I saw about half of it as I was going to bed....this and MTV's True Life: I'm Dead Broke, where they show kids out on their own for the first time, no money, no real skills, barely any connects, that show was even more eye-opening than 30 Days. Hopefully people will see this stuff and either be reminded what is was like(been there) or that these circumstances actually exist for a LARGE number of people in the US. Some people seriously do not know/cannot relate to what it is to be working poor.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    MTV's True Life: I'm Dead Broke, where they show kids out on their own for the first time, no money, no real skills, barely any connects, that show was even more eye-opening than 30 Days. Hopefully people will see this stuff and either be reminded what is was like(been there) or that these circumstances actually exist for a LARGE number of people in the US. Some people seriously do not know/cannot relate to what it is to be working poor.

this was the best thing ive seen MTV do in a long time. that was a real eye opener for some kids im sure. it was great that they took those kids from different spots in the country. cats in oakland got the same empty pockets as kids in the midwest... living a little different but the shits the same across the country...

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    I caught it, it was a lot better than I expected. I have the feeling that they blew their load on the first show though...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Damn Damn damn! I meant to watch this! Hopefully i will catch the next one.

• Damn Damn damn! I meant to watch this! Hopefully i will catch the next one.

It's FX. I'm sure they'll rerun it this weekend.