Teen Shoots Self Without A Gun

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
05-15) 10:36 PDT Lake Luzerne, N.Y. (AP) --A young man shot himself without using a gun.Damion M. Mosher, who put bullets in a vise and whacked them with a hammer to empty the brass shell casings, was hit in the abdomen by one of the shots, authorities said.Warren County deputies said they were called to Mosher's home in Lake Luzerne on Saturday afternoon after one bullet went about a half-inch into his abdomen. He was treated at Glens Falls Hospital and was released. No charges were filed.Mosher, 18, told authorities he was trying to empty the .223-caliber rounds to collect the brass casings for scrap.Sheriff Larry Cleveland said about 100 other rounds that Mosher hit had "fizzled," but one was somehow sent with more force. It was unclear if the bullet ricocheted or hit him directly.An employee of an Albany scrap metal company told The Post-Star of Glens Falls that the business pays $1.70 a pound for scrap brass shell casings.Cleveland said Mosher's shells amounted to just a few pounds.Lake Luzerne, at the southeastern edge of the Adirondacks, is 45 miles north of Albany.----------------------I'm sure the NRA will release a statement along the lines of, "See? Guns really don't kill people!"

Comments

• 05-15)
    An employee of an Albany scrap metal company told The Post-Star of Glens Falls that the business pays $1.70 a pound for scrap brass shell casings.

Cleveland said Mosher's shells amounted to just a few pounds.

Crystal Meth is one helluva drug.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Almost as funny as what happened in Arkansas about 10 years ago....

Two guys were out fishing and their Pick-Up Truck wouldn't start when it was time to go home.

The figured out that the reason was they had blown a fuse up under the drivers side dashboard.

One of these genius's figured out that a bullet from his small caliber hand gun fit neatly into where the fuse belonged, slipped it in and sure as shit the truck started.

About a mile down the road the bullet supposedly heated up to the point of ignition and the driver was shot in the groin.

Sounds like Urban Legend but I have the article, with names, that appeared in the Batesville News!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Two guys were out fishing and their Pick-Up Truck wouldn't start when it was time to go home.

The figured out that the reason was they had blown a fuse up under the drivers side dashboard.

One of these genius's figured out that a bullet from his small caliber hand gun fit neatly into where the fuse belonged, slipped it in and sure as shit the truck started.

About a mile down the road the bullet supposedly heated up to the point of ignition and the driver was shot in the groin[/b].

Sounds like Urban Legend but I have the article, with names, that appeared in the Batesville News!!

Whenever I see "in the groin" I assume they really mean in the nuts. I guess it comes from watching sports on tv.

I had a neighbor friend who shot himself in the arm hitting bullets in a vise. We were about 8 at the time. I think the casing actually kicked back and went into his arm.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

About a mile down the road the bullet supposedly heated up to the point of ignition and the driver was shot in the groin.

They actually proved that this was true on Mythbusters. At least, they proved that it actually works.