DEEP FRIED BALLS

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Wisconsin Festival Sells Deep-Fried Testicles[/b]APELDERON, Wis. (May 13) - Around here, it may be tough to pass up anything deep-fried. Wisconsinites have deep-fried cheese curds, candy bars and Twinkies. They now have deep-fried livestock testicles, too. More than 300 people paid $5 for all-you-can-eat goat, lamb and bull testicles Saturday at the ninth annual Testicle Festival at Mama's Place Bar and Grill in Elderon in central Wisconsin. "Once you get over the mental (aspect) of what you're eating, it's just like eating any other food, and it tastes good," Buster Hoffman said. Festival founder Nancy Fenske said the festival grew out of her late husband Roger's birthday party 12 years ago. They decided to have "a nut fry" at Mama's Place after bringing back lamb fries from a trip to Montana. The event grew every year and now they fry up to 100 pounds of testicles, she said. "What else can you do in a small town?" Fenske said. Butch Joubert, 58, likes the parts sandwiched between bread with tartar sauce. They're not so different from regular meatballs also served at the festival, he said. "After a few beers, you can't really tell the difference," Joubert said. http://news.aol.com/strange/story/_a/wis...9990002?cid=936

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    -"After a few beers, you can't really tell the difference," Joubert said.-

thats what she said...

zing!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    In Texas if you eat Calf Fries or Mountain Oysters you'll be eating fried balls.

We can bet that instead of Mexi-Coke this coming NFL season Philly Phill??

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I used to have to cook "turkey fries" at a resturaunt.

The opening of hunting season in a little mid western town used to start off with a big "rocky mountain oyster" dinner.

"What else can you do in a small town?" Rednecks is crazy!

That article is full of classic quites.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    seems like they would be expensive...you know, only 2 per animal

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

haha. Is it? But then again I can't imagine there being that much demand for it. Unless there are people hella into fried balls.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Wisconsin Festival Sells Deep-Fried Testicles[/b]
    AP

ELDERON, Wis. (May 13) - Around here, it may be tough to pass up anything deep-fried.

Wisconsinites have deep-fried cheese curds, candy bars and Twinkies. They now have deep-fried livestock testicles, too.

More than 300 people paid $5 for all-you-can-eat goat, lamb and bull testicles Saturday at the ninth annual Testicle Festival at Mama's Place Bar and Grill in Elderon in central Wisconsin.

"Once you get over the mental (aspect) of what you're eating, it's just like eating any other food, and it tastes good," Buster Hoffman said.

Festival founder Nancy Fenske said the festival grew out of her late husband Roger's birthday party 12 years ago. They decided to have "a nut fry" at Mama's Place after bringing back lamb fries from a trip to Montana.

The event grew every year and now they fry up to 100 pounds of testicles, she said.

"What else can you do in a small town?" Fenske said.

Butch Joubert, 58, likes the parts sandwiched between bread with tartar sauce. They're not so different from regular meatballs also served at the festival, he said.

"After a few beers, you can't really tell the difference," Joubert said.

http://news.aol.com/strange/story/_a/wis...9990002?cid=936

This article is hilarious when you're slightly drunk.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    to be on the more side of balls,etc.. (yeaah, I just said that)

I have seen this one dude eat Bull Penis Ceviche on PBS.

Not right at all. I am not the same, and I considered going back to being a vegetarian.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    TESTICLE FESTIVAL AT MAMA'S PLACE[/b]

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'd eat it.

ayo?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    lol

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

haha. Is it? But then again I can't imagine there being that much demand for it. Unless there are people hella into fried balls.

---- thanks

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Ive eaten pan fried sheep testicals, on a friends farm. They were good! Just thin slices with sage. I don't think I could handle putting a whole nut in my mouth

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    glad to be a vegetarian

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I could handle putting a whole nut in my mouth

ayo!

I can totally see Aser chowing down on some bull balls (sorry i didn't get back to you yet man .. the amy show was dopeness!)