Electric Relaxation R&B Remake

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
My alarm went off went off twice last week with Hot 97 playing a track with the Electric Relaxation beat, i think the hook might have also been "relax yourself girl." I snoozed through it both times, but thought maybe it sounded kinda cool, anyone got this or know what it is? Jaymack?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My alarm went off went off twice last week with Hot 97 playing a track with the Electric Relaxation beat, i think the hook might have also been "relax yourself girl." I snoozed through it both times, but thought maybe it sounded kinda cool, anyone got this or know what it is? Jaymack?

Do you mean Rell's "Real Love"? It's about 2-3 years old but it flips the same beat.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    There's Rell doing "Real Love" featuring Kanye and Consequence and also J'Davey does a remake called "Relax."

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's a Cool & Dre-production featured on a new R&B album released (at least in Sweden) last week. Read about the "Electric Relaxation" sample in the review.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Do you mean Rell's "Real Love"? It's about 2-3 years old but it flips the same beat.

I'll peep it when I'm home from work, but I think I heard it 3 times on hot 97 morning show in the last two weeks, thats a lot of burn for a 2 year old track no? kanye and consequence sounds kinda right, though...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    There is also a Marco Polo track with JDavie (sp?) that uses the Electric Relaxation Beat. Its ok and is a direct rip from the track... I don't know if they would be playing it on hot97 or not but these days who knows.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's a Cool & Dre-production featured on a new R&B album released (at least in Sweden) last week. Read about the "Electric Relaxation" sample in the review.

It's Joe--"Just Relax"--and, yes, it's a Cool & Dre production.

Interesting how many times this one beat has resurfaced in just the last three years.

Interesting how many times this one beat has resurfaced in just the last three years.

Those Tribe records are now as far in the past (~15 years) as the disco records and eighties joints that Puff was recycling in the mid-nineties were at the time.

Ugh, I just listened to the Joe song...shit is weak.

Come to think of it... wasn't the last record Joe had on the radio a remake of "Passin' Me By" around 2002?

Come to think of it... wasn't the last record Joe had on the radio a remake of "Passin' Me By" around 2002?

Which means next year, we can expect him to be remaking "Nappy Headz".

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    thanks for the upload.

but damn divhare has been seriously buggin recently, let's me play it but download is "temporarily unavailable".

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

You are THAT dude, can't believe I waited a month before clicking on the "post an mp3 thread", stupid expired sendspace links...

Thanks a lot man, even if it is kinda trashy....

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

why do people do this?

this shit is a joke

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

lame

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

sometimes singing over a hip hop beat sounds good but this one is pure poo. i wonder how the publishing works for something like this. they sampled a song that sampled a song. does ronnie foster still get paid for this garbage?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    faith evans has done some good redone rap beats.

this and the old pharcyde one blow tho

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    there was another Electrix Relaxation remake on Roc-A-Fella that Just Blaze did (Was it Rell?) and it was also poorly fondled by Madrib for his shades of blue project

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    faith evans has done some good redone rap beats.

this and the old pharcyde one blow tho

That last Faith album had some cuts on it. Especially with the two stepper joints ("Today" and the one with the Nights over Egypt sample).

Where's old girl at now?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That last Faith album had some cuts on it. Especially with the two stepper joints ("Today" and the one with the Nights over Egypt sample).

Where's old girl at now?

Somewhere waiting by her phone for a dark-eyed long-haired girleyman to call, no doubt.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    there was another Electrix Relaxation remake on Roc-A-Fella that Just Blaze did (Was it Rell?)

i could be wrong but i think it had freeway on it.

There's a Just Blaze production on the Freeway album called "Alright" where he replayed "Mystic Brew." There's also another Roc-A-Fella record from the same time with the same beat with Allen Anthony singing on it. Allen Anthony I believe is one half of that group that was on Roc called "Christion" from back in the mid 90s.