OLD TIMEY STUFF (RR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I'm not even talking about classical I'm talking about Del Shannon and even 78's and doo wop, too. Anyone know any good resources for the overlooked and underappreciated vocals and seemingly unraer Living Stereo LPs?saying, the next frontier...

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    speaking of, Shig, your sheedee no working!

• THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts
    Little Runaway & Little Town Flirt are Del Shannons raerest. Once picked up a cache of seemingly obscure small label R&B/doo wop 45's from my wifes aunt who was the rebellious teen in her family during the late 50's. Weird labels from small upstart los angeles companies that lasted a few years or more before being bought out by the biggies or just failing altogether. I looked & researched every dang one... but nothing as far as raerity as I had hoped. Sold them off in lots. 78's are a whole other beast I won't mess with, that is, unless it's a Elvis RCA 78, Disney related, or maybe Enrico Caruso.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ??????

Doo-wop, Del Shannon, and 78's are three topics with nothing in common 'cept their heydays were all before 1965, but anyway...

Little Runaway & Little Town Flirt are Del Shannons raerest.

No way. Those songs were two of his three biggest hits (the third being "Hats Off To Larry"). He's done "raer-er" singles (and albums) than those. But unless you're a dealer, who gives a good goddam about rarity? Del Shannon recorded some great pop-rock releases in his time.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    speaking of, Shig, your sheedee no working!

that sheedee am are a deeveedee!!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    I'm not even talking about classical I'm talking about Del Shannon and even 78's and doo wop, too.

Anyone know any good resources for the overlooked and underappreciated vocals and seemingly unraer Living Stereo LPs?

saying, the next frontier...

where do you think you are?

SOULSTRUT

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Which Del Shannon album is this? The psychedelic ...CHARLES WESTOVER elpee?

(That's him standing in the middle of the field - that much I know!)

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

Which Del Shannon album is this? The psychedelic ...CHARLES WESTOVER elpee?

(That's him standing in the middle of the field - that much I know!)

yep-the further advemtures of Charles Westover. rare.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

• I seem to remember Del Shannon having something to do with the very early Bob Seger stuff (Hideout/Cameo 45s). Shannon was from Michigan and got Seger hooked up with a deal or something along those lines.

• I'm not even talking about classical I'm talking about Del Shannon and even 78's and doo wop, too.

Anyone know any good resources for the overlooked and underappreciated vocals and seemingly unraer Living Stereo LPs?

For who is this nu, people who are currently dumping their CTI catalogs?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    OLDEN_STYLE_HATS