FRIDAY FIVES: GEEKIN' for the WEEKEN'

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
all you E Coasters must be nearly done with work already and hey it's past noon here so I say time to set this off...1. going to Vegas tonight and no matter how much I lose or how many bitch-ass doormen and ignorant people I encounter it will still be 90 degrees and I need some heat right now.2. payday...credit cards slowly getting put in their place.3. W's tonight; no more half-stepping; they will realize their potential against the bitch-ass Jazz but that is for another thread.4. Since I am out-of-town I have a bullet-proof excuse for not attending my highschool reunion.5. I still got my health.BONUS BEAT I am about to go eat a sammich...

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    TOP 5

1. yesterday i turned in my last paper for school so this semester is done
    2. last day of work today and then ima collect unemployment while i focus on other shit
    3. off this fucking island on tuesday for the first time in seven god damn years
    4. nothing really bad going on for once so i guess that's a plus
    5. on a materialistic tip, this motorola q i just got through sprint is fucking awesome

BOTTOM 1

1. doctor told me my cholesterol is too high. not a very good to hear "dont eat too much fatty foods or drink a lot of alcohol" right before i go on a trip...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    5. Lady friend is outta town for the wknd. Another ladyfriend is in town for the week.

4. I'm tempted to cop the new SpiderMan ps2 game. I never finished/played any modern Spidey games.

3. Down 3 - 1 to the Nets in the Playoffs on my Ps2 NBA Season. Game 5 in Indiana. Kidd is killin me.

2. Roasting a Leg of Lamb for Mother's Day.

1. Just received some limited edition/International Converse Chuck slip ons from my peoples at Converse.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    5. Lady friend is outta town for the wknd. Another ladyfriend is in town for the week.

Isn't this great? Your flight leaves at eight
    Her flight lands at nine, my game just rewinds

Haha..

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Top:

1. My girlfriend found my car a block away from where I parked it last night. It has a parking ticket on it but is no worse for the wear. Must've been towed for construction.

2. Despite a harrowing day full of fucked up shit I am chilling with a cold one, watching the humidifier do its thing and realizing things could be a lot worse.

Bottom:

1. Some pieces from the gorgeous, NM reggae collection I purchased last weekend were damaged by the flood in my store. I know waterlogged reggae LPs are somewhat par for the course but this collection was CLEAN. From my eye drops a tear.

2. Insurance adjusters are gross. Slimey handshake. Glad I've got the Purell.

Haha..

One question: will you be keeping it Coogi down to the socks for the weekend?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    1. My lady and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary tomorrow.
    2. Worked hard this week, so I have today off. Been listening to some new finds, smoking a bit of weed, and doing the normal runs on the interweb
    3. Record stores are sucking in Cali at the moment, so a quick call to Good Records cures the ain't got no raer blues.
    4. Been working out lately and feeling more healthy
    5. Thinking of buying a Space Echo sometime soon.....hooking it up to the turntable and start dubbing out random lp's.

Haha..

One question: will you be keeping it Coogi down to the socks for the weekend?

Oh hells to tha no.

Lime Green Seersucket Jacket w/ some Stan Smith's.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    top few

1. going to see Dave Attel tomorrow. funny guy.
    2. got my mom a nice belgium waffle maker and cookbook for sunday.
    3. escaped my gym alive this morning (see bottom 1)

bottom 1

play in an early (630am) hoops game on mon/wed/fris. i generally dont say a word on the court. some assh*le got on me for a call i made and then tried to dip his shoulder into my face (somewhat successfully) on a drive. i called him out for the bitch move, and for the fact that he couldnt guard me. yadda yadda yadda....he wanted to kill me...said he'd be waiting for me outside and stuck around even after his team lost to make sure i knew he would be there. also called me a racist out of the blue to try and get the other black dudes to take his side. funny thing is that dude is a cop.

anyway, there's only 1 way out of the gym and he wasn't there.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Glad I've got the Purell.

it serves you so many purposes jon

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    1). I'm back from Europe. And it feels good.
    2). A lot of great fucking parties/events this weekend. Everything from Slum Village to Night of the Remix to Morgan Geist to The Cool Kids
    3). I think I finished my latest mix-cd this morning
    4). I'm interview the GZA Labor Day Weekend
    5). My man Kero got a great review in the latest RE:UP

Bonus:

Even though I was away for 3 weeks I was able to come back without missing a step in terms of lining up deejay gigs.

Bottom:

I hate my fucking boss, not really the job but my boss. Dude pulled some shady shit on me yesterday and it was enough to finally consider working at another place/quitting. Fuck that fool, I'm seriously tempted to punk his bitch-ass at work. And the fucker had the nerve to take the day off today. The epitome of bitch made ass

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    up

1. got some new running shoes ... big price tag but it was a birthday gift so no hit on the bank acct and they are comfortable as fuck

2. gf coming into town saturday night

3. party all weekend longgggg

4. first physical in 2 yrs went mostly smoothly

5. i like that tpain song

down

1. chicago bulls! >:-O

2. hangover meant i got no work done @ work

3. money and moving stress

MySpace link!

MySpace link!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

MySpace link!

"She lives in Niagara Falls; you wouldn't know her."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

MySpace link!
    stalkeur?

• 2. gf coming into town saturday night

MySpace link!
    stalkeur?

i have to say you guys are killing it lately... I am enjoying it, but not paying enough attention to it. which is probably a good thing.

Sound mind, body and soul...

1. Motivation- Nothing beats it.
    2. Creativity- When number 1 happens in conjunction with number two. Like the beatnuts be sayin- watch out now. between drawing and creating some great music it feels good, no doubt...
    3. Workin out- Worked out heavy the other day at a gymnastics gym, 8 yrs since i have been in one of those. i had a quick wake up call to muscles that haven't been used in that long...
    4. Eating right- some fruits and veggies during the day. maybe a cliff/power bar type of thing even and a decent meal at dinner.
    5. I lost 10-15lbs. Feels good. Smile.

Sounds booty and soul-less
    1. I feel like i need to do some heavy digging this weekend... need some more inspiration on the music side.

That's all i can think of...

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    1. I graduate college TOMORROW
    2. consolidating my record collection to move and hooking some friends up
    3. my fam is in town
    4. good food
    5. still pumped off of records i got from abq record show last week.
    extra credit.
    i traded an old $5 60s record player for a new vestax portable the other day, both parties were happy.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    5. Last party of the year goin on tonight.

4. Today was the last day of 16 week diet. Summer mass phase starts Monday.

3. Solid head start on a final paper due Monday.

2. The stalker chick is finally leaving me alone.

1. Summer starts Tuesday yatches!

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    1. I graduate college TOMORROW

congratulations! gotta feel good having that behind you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    1) Getting married in 2 weeks.
    2) Wifey graduating from law school in 2 weeks.
    3) Aside from school loans we're completely debt-free.
    4) Got offered a SICK job this week. It's almost like a dream job and something that 5 years ago I would have jumped at the chance to do, but nowadays it feels good to actually be able to think it over and pass on it considering everything else I've got going on these days. But I still have to think it over and if I do take it it's going to be some super dope shit.
    5) Music is my driving force, still, after all these years, it's something that moves me in no other way.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    1. got the day off work cause my bosses are all going to a bachelor party in vegas and leave today

2. Working out is making me feel a lot better, and look better

3. Weather is perfect outside today.. went to a park and ate some Pink Berry (no homo)

4. Partying this weekend..

5. got my health inssurance tight...now I'm covered

bonus beat (I like that)

Parents were in town this week so I got to play golf.. and eat well.. still buzz'n off that

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    5. Got payed, got a whole bunch of 12"s that I have been in need of...
    4. Got a case (24) of Bell's Winter White Ale for $14.99
    3. Whether is nice in Indiana, clear and sunny all weekend.
    2. Got a good DJ gig on Sunday Night celebrating my friends Graduation from college...2 kegs of Newcastle and I can spin whatever I want.
    1. Bar-B-Q with beer and women at my friends house all day Saturday, Bar-B-Q in celebration of my moms on Sunday.

Life is good!

congrats dunny dun dun.

and yo not to go in a completely different direction but I gotta add a bottom:

The new Erykah Badu with Madlib

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Lime Green Seersucket Jacket w/ some Stan Smith's.

Little dudes, take note: do not attempt to pull out this type of 'fit if you cannot wear it on the inside.

And Brian: holler at me via email (in my profile) about your cholesterol--I got similar news two years ago and I handled it.

FIVES

1) My wife just called to say that she passed her PhD Qualifying Oral Exams. She just spent 3 hours in a room with 5 professors who could ask her anything about the 300-book reading list she was given. And it was a strong pass. I'm so proud right now, but not at all surprised.

2) Finally working on a mix CD for the first time in way too long. I made 4 remixes last weekend in prep and I'm really happy with it so far.

3) In what can only be described as a B.Cause-like rate of productivity, I have another mix CD in the works on top of the aforementioned one (hi, Noz!) and it should be a lot of fun.

4) Have a gig tonight with DJs I really like. And my wife will be in attendance, now that her exam is behind her.

5) A full weekend ahead with no responsibilities. The forecast calls for tag-poppin'.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    yes

1. going on a road trip tomorrow w/ my friend, a bunch of cameras--large format, medium format, digital, holga, etc.--and art supplies until the end of the month. hitting up south dakota, wyoming, colorado, and utah. got a grant from the art department at school to do this.

2. met a new girl that makes some ill paintings, collages, drawings, photographs

3. the shows planet earth and the office

4. been making lots of new drawings, collages, paintings, mixed media, photographs, etc.

5. didn't graduate this semester due to fucking up a few times, but received the highest award + cash from the art department--gonna really miss that place when i graduate this fall

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    My wife just called to say that she passed her PhD Qualifying Oral Exams. She just spent 3 hours in a room with 5 professors who could ask her anything about the 300-book reading list she was given. And it was a strong pass. I'm so proud right now, but not at all surprised.

I've heard stories about her qualified "oral" work with on 5 people in a room for three hours...

(Page Me)

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

congrats dunny dun dun.

My wife just called to say that she passed her PhD Qualifying Oral Exams. She just spent 3 hours in a room with 5 professors who could ask her anything about the 300-book reading list she was given. And it was a strong pass. I'm so proud right now, but not at all surprised.

I've heard stories about her qualified "oral" work with on 5 people in a room for three hours...

(Page Me)

so wrong yet so right