Mid-Week deegs

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I actually copped these last weekend but who's caring

Bombers - S/T
Jorge Ben - From Brazil
Rare Bird - Epic Forest
Rita Jean Bodine breakraer
Cal Tjader - Solar Wind (I have no idea why this isn't around out here. I've copped a dozen of his other LPs all over the place, but this one hasn't popped up)
Christine McVie - Lengendary Christine Perfect Album (double)
Sugarhill - 8th Wonder 12"
and I almost passed this up in the middle of all the doodoo in there:

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    nice find on The Gimmicks!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Thanks Mackaroni. As you can probably tell by those digs, it looks like the well is running dry out here.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    psshhtt. looks pretty good to me

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Thanks Mackaroni. As you can probably tell by those digs, it looks like the well is running dry out here.

Yah wanna talk dry? Come to SF.

Modern Soul digs (for this is my genre of choice):

Skipworth and Turner - Self-titled
    Peaches and Herb - 2 Hot
    Smokey Robinson - Big Time (soundtrack)
    Melba Moore - Other Side of the Rainbow

dry as f*ck.

SG

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

You got a lot of balls for saying that! Especially when we're in GUZZO COUNTRY.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

True dat.

SG

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

True dat.

SG

I WILL WORK YOU SON! [/b]

finds so far this week

Jean Carn[/b] "touch me"(motown) - LP form '82 with a cover if Harold Melvin's "If You Don't Know Me By Now"

Walter Bishop Jr.[/b] "" (Black Jazz) - after a whole lot of drama with the ebay seller "Cashcowcorp" I finally get this in the mail

K.Kumar[/b] "Quarbani OST" (polydor)

Leon Thomas[/b] "Live in Berlin" (Flying Dutchman) - the creator has a muthafuckin masterplan!

Tavares[/b] "Check It Out" (Capitol) - their first LP nice sweet soul

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

Leon Thomas[/b] "Live in Berlin" (Flying Dutchman) - the creator has a muthafuckin masterplan!

Ha HA!

Except for the Price Is Right, yodeling doesn't get any doper!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    wilbur bascomb - and future dreams
    buddy rich - the roar of '74

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Actually a couple I picked up Sunday at my old record store employer, but never posted:

I don't know how dude let this go out for $10 - when I worked there we woulda been milkin' this one on the Bay, it's a $50-$75 record. When I saw it in the bin I was like, yes, plaese!

same spot, another hook-up, totally mint for $8...some nice west coast Jazz and some boring non-jazz schmaltz tracks on here, but I've always dug the Carmen McCrae vocal track, "Coffeetime," nice to have it on the OG!

This record is a trip - nice to finally find a cheap ($5) copy of it.
    Best of all by far, I love this shit, stuck inside the jacket was an OG newspaper review clipping that totally TRASHED the record, headlined "Evans' Disaster" The reviewer hates the album so much, and the best part is how the parts he hates the most were my favorite parts of the album!

same store, outta the bargain bin for $1 apiece:
    The Tams - Best Of - 1,2,3 (ugh, re-recordings...)
    Jeff Beck - Masters of Rock Series -( best of the first 2 JBG LP's)
    Vanilla Fudge - The Beat Goes On (an LP I would only buy for $1 or less, mint OG)

I may end up selling the Dino Valente in financial desperation, but I am definitely digging it, major label bloodshitter...

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    What's the Dino Valente like? I don't know that one.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    mostly acoustic folk styles, with a psych edge, a few tracks have intrumentation, some have vocal effects and trippy filters and such...just a strong late 60's acid folk LP.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Danka

• Out on the town:

Eddie Russ "Fresh Out" LP on Jazz Masters
    Urbie Green "Green Power" LP
    Sun Ra "Super Sonic Sounds" LP
    Don Cherry "Where Is Brooklyn" LP on Blue Note

Deep Beats And Deep Crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    not bad for a thought to be played out flea market.

cuban heat, sleeves torn up but records surprisingly mint

never seen this one on bum rush...

haven't watched em yet, but at $3 a pop i'd say they probably constitue the find of the day.

btw, there are way too many "weekly digs threads". why don't we just keep one up for the week and leave it at that, rather than have "monday digs", "tuesday digs", "mid week digs", "thursday afternoon digs" cluttering up the board. maybe even thumbtack it?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    That's a good idea

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

Maximum Joy - Stretch/Silent Street 7" in the mail!

Eddie Palmieri - Molasses LP

• Options
    not bad for a thought to be played out flea market.

cuban heat

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

vhs digs, thaswasssupp

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

vhs digs, thaswasssupp
    yup! a couple years back I came up on the dope answering machine tapes.. I got one where this chick is cussing out a dude that screwed her over on some dating type of ish only 5 cents...very entertaining

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    local thrifts:

Cross & Switchblade OST
    Billy Squire - Tale of the Tape
    Thin Lizzy - Johnny the Fox
    NIN - Things Falling Apart
    Eddie Bo - I'm Wise b/w Happy Tears 45 (on Apollo)

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    btw, there are way too many "weekly digs threads". why don't we just keep one up for the week and leave it at that, rather than have "monday digs", "tuesday digs", "mid week digs", "thursday afternoon digs" cluttering up the board. maybe even thumbtack it?

co-sign

• Options

co-sign

I believe that a monster I created. My bad.

K.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    haven't been digging enough lately. Here's one I finally tracked down:

• Options
    Can you say BOOM

even a father son combo of ill repute

K.

• DOPE RECORD

• Options
    Yeah, I ran into a couple sealed copies. Believe it or not, but his son's record is better....and they were made aorund the same time.

K.

• Yeah, I ran into a couple sealed copies. Believe it or not, but his son's record is better....and they were made aorund the same time.

K.

Wow....so how many sealed copies of THAT are there?

• Options
    Handful.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

co-sign

I believe that a monster I created. My bad.

K.

i'll be honest, your digs are one of the main reasons i check these threads. because 1. you get stuff i never ever see but im pretty sure id pick up 2. you always take pictures. my crates are not "souf'd" up in the least. and by that i mean my reggae consists of soul jazz comps.