Carter III leak? (Weezy-related)

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone in a position to testify to the authenticity of this? I'm just about to listen to it anyway, but there's got to be someone here who's got the scoop...

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    does he even have a single out for this?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Anyone in a position to testify to the authenticity of this? I'm just about to listen to it anyway, but there's got to be someone here who's got the scoop...

No way--bet it's cobbled together from recent mixtape appearances.

May even be a mislabelled version of Drought 3.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Three cuts in, and already it doesn't sound like an album in the same way Carter II did. You may be right here - I'm well out of the loop as far as mixtapes go, so I don't really know what he's had out lately.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Three cuts in, and already it doesn't sound like an album in the same way Carter II did. You may be right here - I'm well out of the loop as far as mixtapes go, so I don't really know what he's had out lately.

I doubt he's even begun recording for Carter III--that album probably only exists inside his head at this point.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I just called Wayne and he told me this shit is a part of the 450 tracks he packed to be able to sit down and do this C3 he's dreaming about. Lots of garbage...just some shit to chew on while waiting.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    that album only exists inside his head at this point.