Boats

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
People on here claim the yacht, seen?, but do any of you actually own a power boat, sail boat, or yacht?A real head would like to know.Are there any people who want to get involved? Help me help you.

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    People on here claim the yacht seen[?]

Yes, Rasta.

BTW, I'll tell you what every Cajun knows: the two happiest days in a man's life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Yes I!

They say it's always better to have a friend with a boat.......

Are most strutter's scared to take their shirts off?

• 300Hp is asking for trouble

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Are most strutter's scared to take their shirts off?

Unfortunately Fatback is not afraid.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I have an acquaintance who lives on a yacht moored at the Toronto Islands. I help attach the mast every spring and in return I have a place on weekly races/cruises. Wind power is where it's at.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I have a lil two seater at the cottage. OHHH and a canoe! PICTURE ME ROLLIN'

No yacht, but I do flips off them!

Where the 's at?

When I was in Cinque Terre, Italy last summer I had the honor to check this out.

Maltese Falcon, the $100 million megayacht created for venture capitalist Tom Perkins. The boat set sail in Italy on Friday. The Maltese Falcon, a $100 million yacht that the designers claim is the largest and fastest personal sailboat in the world, formally set sail in Italy on July 14. The 87.5-meter yacht has three masts which rotate depending on the wind direction. It took five years in development to create this unique vessel and the masts were developed by English company Insensys to have a a fiber-optic sensor system that gathers data on wind speed and force and helps the sails work more efficiently. The yacht was built by Perini Navi and, as we reported earlier, already has a home in Malta. According to an article in the Mercury News, Perkins reportedly sold his beloved Bugatti to help fund the yacht. You can check out design pictures on the Ken Freivokh Design website.[/b]

Where the 's at?

When I was in Cinque Terre, Italy last summer I had the honor to check this out.

Maltese Falcon, the $100 million megayacht created for venture capitalist Tom Perkins. The boat set sail in Italy on Friday. The Maltese Falcon, a $100 million yacht that the designers claim is the largest and fastest personal sailboat in the world, formally set sail in Italy on July 14. The 87.5-meter yacht has three masts which rotate depending on the wind direction. It took five years in development to create this unique vessel and the masts were developed by English company Insensys to have a a fiber-optic sensor system that gathers data on wind speed and force and helps the sails work more efficiently. The yacht was built by Perini Navi and, as we reported earlier, already has a home in Malta. According to an article in the Mercury News, Perkins reportedly sold his beloved Bugatti to help fund the yacht. You can check out design pictures on the Ken Freivokh Design website.[/b]

Pfffttt.. $100 mill and it doesn't even have a Heli pad?

"Venture Capitalist" Pfffftttt

There is a boat that follows behind that carries the heli, bently, and submarine. I shit not.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Are there any people who want to get involved? Help me help you.

Is owning a boat in a landlocked, winter-ravaged state the best use of one's money?

(...or perhaps I sound poor)

Consider me impressed.

But let me show you where the real ballers play...

http://www.ussubs.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3

Are there any people who want to get involved? Help me help you.

Is owning a boat in a landlocked, winter-ravaged state the best use of one's money?

(...or perhaps I sound poor)

Valid question.

Lake Champlain (the 6th largest lake in the US) is 1/8 of a mile from my house, so no.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I don't have a boat. But I went here once on a houseboat with jetskis. One the coolest places I've ever been to. I really want to go back. I have dreams about this place.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I don't have a boat. But I went here once on a houseboat with jetskis. One the coolest places I've ever been to. I really want to go back. I have dreams about this place.

Sorry, but artificial lakes in the dessert are seriously . If you want lakes don't live in the dessert. If you want green grass and a swimming pool, don't live in the dessert.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I had a nice boat...a mastercraft with a inboard...fucker was fast, got it up to 58 MPH once, which is fast on the water. Early winter came, it was docked...I didnt winterize in time and cracked the block. Dang. It was a $50,000 boat, only got $5,000 for it after the blocked cracked as I couldnt afford to put a new engine in it. I wasnt prepared to be a boat owner.

• I don't have a boat. But I went here once on a houseboat with jetskis. One the coolest places I've ever been to. I really want to go back. I have dreams about this place.

Sorry, but artificial lakes in the dessert are seriously . If you want lakes don't live in the dessert. If you want green grass and a swimming pool, don't live in the dessert.

Hey are you dissin hydro-electric power?

I had a nice boat...a mastercraft with a inboard...fucker was fast, got it up to 58 MPH once, which is fast on the water. Early winter came, it was docked...I didnt winterize in time and cracked the block. Dang. It was a $50,000 boat, only got $5,000 for it after the blocked cracked as I couldnt afford to put a new engine in it. I wasnt prepared to be a boat owner.

DAMN DUDE!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

DAMN DUDE!

yes....my only(so far) big money in the garbage regret.

My shit comes out of the water October 1, no matter what.

Still, damn.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Yeah I know it's kindy shady the way it came to be. But I still think it's a nice place to go to.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

They say it's always better to have a friend with a boat.......

My friend has a 36 foot sailboat he's fixing up.

Here is a pic from a perfect day out last summer on his old boat

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    I have been dreaming about selling my house and going to Honk Kong to buy a junk

It doesn't look that impressive cause all the sails are not up. Basically go over there find one, buy it, make sure it ready for transoceanic travel (hide opium in the hull) and sail that bitch back to Cali, dock and chill.

But really no space for records.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I grew up around boats. The craigslist link looks like a descent deal, but make sure you check it out with a mechanic you trust. Other things to consider:
    What do you want this boat for? If soley for wakeboarding you can get something less expensive.
    Where will you be docking, fees, applications, etc?
    Going with a motorboat, how much to fill up the tank?
    Who will be doing maintenence?
    You have a captin's liscence?
    Most important, how much do you really want to spend?

• I have been dreaming about selling my house and going to Honk Kong to buy a junk

It doesn't look that impressive cause all the sails are not up. Basically go over there find one, buy it, make sure it ready for transoceanic travel (hide opium in the hull) and sail that bitch back to Cali, dock and chill.

But really no space for records.

AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Pirates!

I grew up around boats. The craigslist link looks like a descent deal, but make sure you check it out with a mechanic you trust. Other things to consider:
    What do you want this boat for? If soley for wakeboarding you can get something less expensive.

The craigslist link is an ad for my boat that I'm trying to sell so I can upgrade.........I've got the mechanic, mooring, and liscence on lock. I need a boat that kicks up a good wakesurf wake.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

The craigslist link is an ad for my boat that I'm trying to sell so I can upgrade.........I've got the mechanic, mooring, and liscence on lock. I need a boat that kicks up a good wakesurf wake.

Ha! Don't I feel like a fool! Sounds like you know what you want.

Take this shit to the sales section son!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    yo, anyone on here ever live on a houseboat?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Hey are you dissin hydro-electric power?

LOL

Spending a couple of years in Scottsdale, I had a couple of good times out there.

But real headz know it's all about Lake Havasu...

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    i'm splitting the moorage fees for a 32' 1965 Tollycraft cabin cruiser with twin 327 rambler engines. Wooden boats rule.

I'm mooring it about .25 of a mile away from my restaurant here on Hayden Island on the Columbia river (portland).

OPB other peoples boats are way more reasonable for my budget.