Friday, 5/11, Soul Sides + Captain's Crates in LA

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2007 in Announcements
Call it the Soul Crates night (or Captain's Sides but, uh, that doesn't quite have the same snappy ring). Me and Murphy's Law of Crates' fame are teaming up on some funk blog dream team. Right now, the tentative name for our eve is Boogaloo (yeaaaah baby).Friday, May 11Mandrake Bar2592 S. La Cienaga Blvd. (b/t Venice and Washington)Culver City/Los Angeles9:30pm - 1amSpinning soul, funk, Latin, old school.AND PREVIEWING...Soul Sides Vol. 2 tracksFREE!I know it's short notice but I hope L.A. Soul Sides and Captain's Crates fans can make it out. If this takes off, it may very well turn into our monthly here in L.A.As an added bonus, I'll have a few promo copies of the new Betty Davis reissue to give away to anyone who can come up to me and say, "Shoo-B Doop and Cop Him". Seriously.

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    just found out we gotta work tomorrow at 8am but i was all ready to cop deep covers and lay down the secret password tonight.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I forgot to say "Shoo B doop and cop it!". Thanks for the CD! It is greatly appreciated. Pleasure meeting you Odub. I will heartily endorse these local products and/or events.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    was it funky?