Stomping Thru Louisville StL Memphis Headz(RR/NRR)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Whatup peoples,I'm gonna be in Louisville on a looooooong business trip. What's the deal with Louisville? Records, food, fun, hiking, etc? I also wanna get to St Louis, Memphis, and Nashville while I'm there, so all headz, please report either via PM or on this thread. Holleur!!!!!PeaceT.N.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Cmon ya bastards!

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    The area to hang is bardstown road: food, drink, shop, etc...There is a store called "Highland Records" down there, pretty small you can find some good stuff there sometimes, the dude that owns it can be moody though, so don't get on his bad side...

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    If you're plannning on coming thru Nashville - hit me up. we could hit some spots and grab some grub. Louisville doesn't have much by way of records (there's a flea there that I found....) You're better off rolling to lexington (about an hour east) and going to Pop's resale.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Last round up, Memphis heads, put some thoughts on this!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    yes, records are to be had here...if you are into 45s I can take you to an infamous spot with shit-tons, but be prepared to pay top dollar...but reasonably priced records can be found at other spots...

food...the BBQ and Fried Chicken game ends here...you wont find any better anywhere else.

as far as hiking and outdoor type stuff...not much in the river city, if you decide to check out the river, dont pull a Jeff Buckley

as far as fun, Shingaling and I have a weekly in a cool dive bar in which the female attendees usually outnumber the males..

holler on the PM when you are here...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    how long will you be in Louisville? hit me on the PM if you need any information.

Hook - I want to come to Memphis in July. Funny I live 3 hours aways and have yet to come thru.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Hook - I want to come to Memphis in July. Funny I live 3 hours aways and have yet to come thru.

Come on through...we dont have the date set, but we are doing our second Memphis Soul night that month...nothin' but Memphis records all night, Myself and Shingaling are doing it and we are gonna have a couple Memphix cats help us out...should be pretty buck, we had about 400 people come to the last one...

I need to come to Nashville soon and hit up L**r***e Bros....need to get them to show me a few pallets...

Come on through...we dont have the date set, but we are doing our second Memphis Soul night that month...

I need to come to Nashville soon and hit up L**r***e Bros....need to get them to show me a few pallets...

lemme know and I'll plan on comming thru!

I've been up in that piece! We'll dig together!