BEST VERSIONS OF "FEELIN' GOOD"

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I AM ALWAYS PARTIAL TO THE NINA SIMONE VERSION AND I HAVE A LOT OF OTHERS BUT I WANT MORE.... LET ME KNOW WHAT'S really good

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Traffic. Crank the volume up until you get the drums and Stevie's fade-in-fade-out crybaby soul right where you want them, but prepare to get your china rattled when the organ thunders in. It's like listening to a circus passing over your grave. Or maybe I just need to mint up.

I used to like the Lyn Marino one okay, but I can no longer really get with how she fucks up the lyric. "Sleep in peace 'til day is done"? Damn, girl.

I heard a Joe Claussell remix of the Nina version that was pretty butt. Or, rather, very butt.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    well cotdamn... nobody else knows good versions of this classic song that they can recommend??? i thought you people were music connoisseurs

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    clara ward lets loose

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    quantic soul orchestra f/ alice russell

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Carmen McCrae: Woman Talk (Live At The Village Gate).

It's on mainstream, recorded in 65? A fantastic afro/latin tinged groove... one of the best versions ever, gives Nina a run for her money even.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Traffic. Crank the volume up until you get the drums and Stevie's fade-in-fade-out crybaby soul right where you want them, but prepare to get your china rattled when the organ thunders in. It's like listening to a circus passing over your grave. Or maybe I just need to mint up.

I used to like the Lyn Marino one okay, but I can no longer really get with how she fucks up the lyric. "Sleep in peace 'til day is done"? Damn, girl.

I heard a Joe Claussell remix of the Nina version that was pretty butt. Or, rather, very butt.

Heh, I like the Lyn Marino - sounds like a young Blossom Dearie. Neither of them sound as if they can actually sing but both manage to carry it off, lyrical fuck ups aside... but, yeah, Nina simone's version is the one for me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Micheal Buble of course.

• Micheal Buble

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Frank Cunimondo version? I like Lynn's voice.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Micheal Buble

What you got againts Micheal Buble? Don't you know how damn original the dude is?

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    Traffic.

damng- - beat me to it . i fucking love that version!!! what about the Muse version for all the progressive-emo fabns out there...