LIST ULTIMATE double lead guitar harmony cuts!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
1. Detroit Rock City - KISS2. Hitch a Ride - Boston3. Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

1. Detroit Rock City - KISS
    2. Hitch a Ride - Boston
    3. Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy

Looking at You-MC5

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Of all the things I hate about Classic Rock, harmony lead breaks are the absolute worst. Every time I hear "Reeling In The Years" or "The Boys Are Back In Town" I hate them a little bit more. And I already hate them loads.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Iron Maiden-"Hallowed Be Thy Name"
    Judas Priest-"Heading Out to the Highway"
    Trouble...anything
    Fucking Champs "Thor is Like Immortal"

and another one on the new tip...The Fucking Am-"Taking Liberties" (I encourage ALL Thin Lizzy fans to cop their EP "Gold", you wont be disappointed and you will be happy as hell someone is carrying that torch, and carrying it very well, I might add)

also the current kings of harmony lead guitar, even harmony rhythm...The Fucking Champs:

cant wait to spin some records at their show:

Of all the things I hate about Classic Rock, harmony lead breaks are the absolute worst. Every time I hear "Reeling In The Years" or "The Boys Are Back In Town" I hate them a little bit more. And I already hate them loads.

if you ever played a harmony riff with someone, you would understand the god-like power that comes from the amps...its like sunbeams cutting through the clouds...playing a lick at an ear splitting volume and then the same lick played over it in a fifth or major third is like a choir of angels dude....

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Racer X - Scarified

if you ever played a harmony riff with someone, you would understand the god-like power that comes from the amps...its like sunbeams cutting through the clouds...playing a lick at an ear splitting volume and then the same lick played over it in a fifth or major third is like a choir of angels dude....

HUGE

clearly to truly appreciate solos one has to actually know how to play an instrument and desire to be in a band.

Iron Maiden - Charlotte the Harlot

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Iron Maiden-"Hallowed Be Thy Name"

YES YES YES.

There are several cuts you could've recommended but that is one of the tops. "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" has some insane twin guitar harmony moments as well.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This one's for Bambouche

even the drummer gets him some guitar harmony, things get buck at about 5:40(counting backwards):

HUGE

clearly to truly appreciate solos one has to actually know how to play an instrument and desire to be in a band.

I've played guitar for over 20 years, and been in bands that made records for at least 10 of those years. Harmony guitar leads are Satan's make-out jams in my personal mind garden. But you guys have fun assuming you know it all, m'kay?

Racer X - Scarified

Is it safe to assume that you celebrate the entire Shrapnel Records catalogue as well?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    DRAGONFORCE.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    Derek and the Dominos- "I Looked Away"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Pretty much any Southern rock jam. Haters hate. I'll ride for some redneck triple lead jams.

I was searching youtube for clips by the Outlaws or the Marshall Tucker Band and found these gems:

Just the record cover with the song playing. Genius. WTF? (Or Why the fuck?)

Is it safe to assume that you celebrate the entire Shrapnel Records catalogue as well?

Not the entire catalogue, but I'm more than partial to the Hawaii (worse sounding record evr???), Steeler and Culprit records. Outside of those and Racer X's Second Heat, I didn't love most of their stuff. I was more of a Metal Blade cat (Lizzy Borden and John Arch-era Fates warning are my shit!)

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

HUGE

I've played guitar for over 20 years, and been in bands that made records for at least 10 of those years. Harmony guitar leads are Satan's make-out jams in my personal mind garden. But you guys have fun assuming you know it all, m'kay?

Yeah.. I'll pass on harmony guitar, and stick to my effect pedals..

- spidey

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Beatles - "And Your Bird Can Sing"

I'll pass on harmony guitar, and stick to my effect pedals..

to each his own - outside distortion and chorus, I have little use for pedals. I just prefer meat over grizzle.

Im a fan of both harmony and effects...in my old shoegaze/space rock band I used to use around a dozen pedals. That magazine Alternative Press used to think I was a keyboard player when they would review our records...

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts

Anybody like this?

Im a fan of both harmony and effects...

I wouldn't say I'm an harmony dude to the exclusion of everything else, but more so I fan of decent solos. I'll take Ty Tybor over most shredders.

Im a fan of both harmony and effects...

I wouldn't say I'm an harmony dude to the exclusion of everything else, but more so I fan of decent solos. I'll take Ty Tybor over most shredders.

Nels Cline is a favorite of mine because he does the facemelt solo thing with a shit-ton of old analog stompboxes...one of the coolest guitar players to see live now-a-days...
    cant embed...but he is doing a guitar version of "Interstellar space"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjAy3VtMVU

I'll take Ty Tybor

Now there's a name I never thought I'd see on the Strut. "Over My Head" still gets play on my iPod.

no harmony leads...but pure shred dude!

"Over My Head" still gets play on my iPod.

their whole Megaforce/Atlantic catalog & Orge Tones still gets burn over here.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    thin lizzy - southbound

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Strawberry Letter #23

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Anybody like this?

I was waiting for Wishbone Ash to come up. The whole "harmony leads" thing was definitely their USP in the '70's. Not saying they were the only ones doing that shit, just that it was key to their sound.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "scarified"

i can't beleive you posted that
    it originally appeared on a flexidisk in guitar player at the height of the shred scene

although not a true double axe attack
    Maestro Randy Rhoads Triple tracked all of his studio solo cuts

can't forget jason becker and marty freidman -cacaphony

this is my steez
    written by jason becker
    holy fuck-the arps at the end are double tracked gotdamm!!!!
    20 years old but still holds up

http://evolverov.com/images.mp3