Work Schedules?

Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Maaaannnnn....I just got a job that is making me work 2:30-11pm Mon-Fri...

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I work a staggering 15 hours a week...life is good right now.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yo I worked in retail that exact shift for like a year and a half it sucked! now I am doin 7:00 to 4:00 in a new field of work... and I usually frequent the strut during these hours for some mental stimulation!

• debardebar 215 Posts
    shit, 6-11am M,T,Th for retail, then 1230-6 pm M,T,Th for CAD drafting and then 9am-5pm W,F CAD drafting. and then some extra hours at either place on weekends. basically, i end up working 50-60 hours each week.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    shit, 6-11am M,T,Th for retail, then 1230-6 pm M,T,Th for CAD drafting and then 9am-5pm W,F CAD drafting. and then some extra hours at either place on weekends. basically, i end up working 50-60 hours each week.
    Big up on the CAD drafting.. you could get lucrative with that!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    9:30AM - 6:30PM M-F
    2PM-7PM SAT
    10PM-3:30AM SAT nights three times a month

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yo any heads own there own bis..
    My wife and I are thinking of trying to do it next year but it would be a real struggle to get off the ground because we would hev to keep our jobs we have now!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i just worked 76 hours last week. 8 in the morning til whenever. sleep, then do it again. had sundays off only.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Me ?

0545am - 0215pm (Sun-Thur)

sometimes I have to work one Saturday a month to cover for a co-worker that has guard duty (but then I get a 3-day weekend the following week) The early hours suck for weeknight gigs but I'm cool for my Thursday & Friday hustles. Plus being out of work by 2:15 is real nice now in the summer...

-B-

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Currently

M-F 9am-5:30,6pm
    sat and Sun 4:30-2am

wed nites- DJ 7-10

7 days a week.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Maaaannnnn....

I just got a job that is making me work 2:30-11pm Mon-Fri...

That's a good shift you get paid a bit more and you get to sleep in. Good for music also less distractions when you get home... But if you have a fam with kids then that kind of sucks...

Look at this way if you don't have a fam, the parties don't start popin until that time anyway... though fridays suck! Mondays ain't so bad cause you stay out late on Sunday night and not have to be at work until to... And you get to hit up all the shops when they open and avoid the crowds... Less traffic... And if your a vandal oh baby just bring cans with you and rock it on your way home!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    runnin a monday- friday 12-9pm shift which means I really don't get out til 10 on most days. I'd complain but honestly I had the option of doing the 9-6 shift and all that meant is I had to deal with 2 hours traffic going both ways

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Tues- Thurs- 11-6
    Fri-Sat 11-8 for now at least

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    8AM-12PM, 1PM-5PM, Monday-Friday

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Shit, sun-up to sun-up. When you work for yourself, it never stops.

Wouldn't trade it for the world though

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

my main man started his own thing a year ago and he says the same.

But from the outside looking in, I'd say one thing...do take some time off. You'll need the break, and more importantly, the perspective. I know being in there day in and day out will save money on staff and you can keep your eyes on things (as if you could or would have it any other way), but honestly, time away is just as important to the success of the store as all the other things. I'm not talking about taking a week off in the first three months, but as things settle down a bit. Just a day here and there...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Maaaannnnn....

I just got a job that is making me work 2:30-11pm Mon-Fri...

I turned down a fairly well paying job once because the hours were noon to 9PM in a room with no windows. It was for Chevron and some of the perks included a free inhouse gym but I'll be damned if I'll show up at 10AM to work out and then head down the hall to work a horrid 8 hours.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    M-F Morning anytime from 5:30am to 9:00am off after I do 8 I somtimes play ball for a few hours for lunch .... I guess I should apperciate that more....