To Sell Or Not To Sell?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
recently i have came up on some hard timesi owe moneyi cant be brought underi did it to myselfbut anywayi have a huge CD collectionin this digital age it is all backed up on an external HD. i dont use CDs. i have an iPod.so the question is do i sell my collection?im sure i can fetch a good amount for it on eBaybut im scared to do itwill i regret it?i dont use em. they sit there on the rack. i mean. i still look at them....thoughts?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is this a poem?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Is this a poem?

yep. a fucking poem. youre clever

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    take that shit to radioshack.com

Just kidding.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What the hell,

Sell, sell, sell!

You'll take a huge loss.

Should've bought records,

Boss.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    You can send them to me, free of charge.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Eh, unless you've got some really special stuff, you're not going to get much money.

At the same time as a small number of CDs are growing genuinely collectible, the vast majority are depreciating in value. Most real world stores are getting out of the used CD business, entirely--nobody buys them anymore.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Eh, unless you've got some really special stuff, you're not going to get much money.

At the same time as a small number of CDs are growing genuinely collectible, the vast majority are depreciating in value. Most real world stores are getting out of the used CD business, entirely--nobody buys them anymore.

Please

rephrase with

random line

breaks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Please

rephrase with

random line

breaks.

Eh, unless you've got

some
    really
    special
    stuff,

you're not going to get much money.

At the same time,

as a small number of CDs are growing genuinely collectible,
    the vast majority

are depreciating in value.

Most

real world stores

are getting out of the used CD business, entirely

nobody buys them anymore.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    At our shop, we pay a mean $1(sometimes $2) for flawless, not one scratch on them, used CDs. Unless you have a box of Aretha Franklin's Rhinohandmade joint or a box of Chains and Black Exhaust or the like....feel lucky if you get more than a dollar a piece.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    there's still good money to be made i think, i usually make enough to take the family on vacation every year by sellin cd's.