DANCE TO THE DRUMMERS BEAT COVERVERSION ??

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Does anyone know about a coverversion of Herman Kelly's Dance To The Drummers Beat ???(Except the Version from Fat Boy Slim's "Beats International")

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Body and Soul did it. Mid 90s female hip hop. It's an okay slowed down version.

DJ Ferrari

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    What I'm looking for is a cover version from before the 90's, and no rap or sampled version. A straight coverversion from a different band.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Okay, but just so you know... the one I'm talking about isn't just a sample, it really is a cover. Check the instrumental.

DJ Ferrari

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    yes, i have an electro version out of baltimore from 1985 or so that is really dope...i've seen a copy once on ebay and it went for $50 or do.

it's called Data-Control...it's pretty true to the original but done with drum machines. i can post a scan later if you want. it has a stock 80s 12" sleeve record label of a skyline...very private-press i think.

Thankk you guys,

yeah post the cover if you can.

Anyone else who knows about a coverversion ??

Peace
    Hawkeye

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I have a UK issue re-edit 12" with two versions on the OST label from 1999 and pretty sure I had a 12" by X-Sample (X-ample?) with that title, probably early nineties sometime... Long gone now and can't remember what it sounds like. Sorry.

The two version on the OST lable you are talking about were 2 diferrent versions from the original or were those tracks replayed coverversions ??

Peace
    Hawkeye