champs league: w00t w00t man poo

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
starting in about 15 mins, I am excited.the away goals in this one are huge! So many permutations to work out...

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Shit don matter...

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of the Storm there's a golden sky
    And the sweet, silver song of a lark.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
    Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone.
    You'll never walk alone.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    You see how C. Reina's house got burgeralized last night during the LP/Blues game?

Salty ass Chelsea fans, or very due-diligent criminals?

I obviously no longer really care, but I figure if Liverpool wins the cup, my boys can feel slightly vindicated that they handled them 3 times this year.

and yes...i am

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    what are you doing WES BROWN??????

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I want Man Utd to win it and Arsenal to beat Liverpool to 3rd place so that the Liverpool fans i know who keep going on about Arsenal being shit and winning fuck all will be quiet again...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

not sure fergy can rally the troops for this one. although Rooney will be a hero if he pulls the same sh*t out he did last game.

wait and see.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

not sure fergy can rally the troops for this one. although Rooney will be a hero if he pulls the same sh*t out he did last game.

wait and see.

O'dear

Looks like a repeat of 2005 final..

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Ha.

Come on scousers.

Next season:

That Thai geezer to buy City, stick Mourinho in charge, get John Terry to defect and so begin the sky blue dynasty...

• And of course I tune in at 2-0.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just watched the replay on ESPN Classic ...

I've never seen so many blocked shots - I don't
    think Man U got one shot through to the net.

Disappointing, but I'm no Man U fan, so ...
    I just dislike Milan even more.

One thing is for sure: GATTUSO = CRACKHEAD SUPREME

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Yeah! So glad Milan are through, Seedorf was killing it!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    YNWA.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    United would of lost to Watford the way they played last night. credit to AC Milan for turning on the style, man u having never scored at the San Siro after the first Kaka goal was banged in it was pretty obvious they were gonna win.

Carrick / Fletcher looked lightweight in midfield, not helped by the woeful defensive situation. ?? would usually favour the English team but Liverpool won it too recently, nothing worse then when those Scousers start having something to be proud about.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Through gritted teeth I'm forced to admit that Milan were by far the better team over the two legs. Man U's only chance was to take advantage of the trademark Milan loss of focus in the second half but the fact that they only had one chance and it fell to Fletcher meant that the result was never in doubt.

Lack of a fit defence didn't help but Milan were tactically superior and Gattuso was in absolutely awesome form.

I think Liverpool can have them in the final though.

i can't see Milan letting that happen again. Liverpool might have a bit of magic in European competition but they are gonna need more then that against Kaka, Gattuso and co. But saying that the final is a different kettle of fish, no home advantage, no second leg to fall back on and the pressure for Milan not to crash and burn will be immense.

I just don't see how players like Crouch, Bellamy, Kuyt and Pennant are gonna compete against such class opposition.

The same way they did against Barca.

The same way they did against Barca.

Yeah this is the thing. Liverpool have proved time and time again in europe that you don't necessarily have to have the best team (or even the third best team) on paper to get the results.

Rafa has shown himself to be a master tactician when it comes to these matches (ignoring the first half of the final two years ago). You just can't write them off.

On the plus side i suspect all of Athens is breathing a sigh of relief this morning.

Barca were mad weak this year. AC milan are gonna have Liverpools nuts for garters.

AC Milan had Man. U's nuts for garters.

There is no way this final will be a slaughter a la Milan vs. Shrek and his crybaby Ronaldo the other day. Liverpool are playing fantastic in Europe and will give Milan a run for their money. Let's just hope the ref isn't Italian and there isn't a chance of bribery, not that that sort of thing ever goes down in the Italian Leagues.

There is no way this final will be a slaughter a la Milan vs. Shrek and his crybaby Ronaldo the other day. Liverpool are playing fantastic in Europe and will give Milan a run for their money. Let's just hope the ref isn't Italian and there isn't a chance of bribery, not that that sort of thing ever goes down in the Italian Leagues.

While I have no doubt that Liverpool will put up a far stronger fight and are in with a real chance of winning they certainly aren't playing particularly fantastic this season in Europe. No offence but your win over Chelsea was as much to do with fat frank and friends giving a no show as liverpool upping their game. The victory against Barca was great but they aren't the team they were. PSV are terrible.

Liverpool have the gift of getting the results in Europe and credit to them for it as they don't have the strongest team. However don't get that confused with playing fantastic.

Considering Man U didn't even make it past the group stage last year, i thought they did ok. My bitterness is starting to wear off a little bit about being on the recieving end of just a horrendous beating especially after a pretty inspired comeback in the first leg.

I just think the Spirit of Instanbul shit is well tired for Liverpool. how about competing for the Premiership? It is the turn of Milan this year, Kaka is the clinching factor, no amount of tactical genius on the part of Benitez is gonna save them from the inevitable.

well maybe it will be close and i wouldn't begrudge the Reds if they won it and at least it aint chelsea!

and yeah the politics behind Milan being in the tournament in the first place is fucked up. expect a dodgy referee much like Arsenal V Barca last year.

Barca were mad weak this year. AC milan are gonna have Liverpools nuts for garters.

Yeah, they look mad weak, son... Top-of-the-league weak.
    http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/table1.html

Liverpool look stronger than last time they did Milan. Should be a good one.

BTW Frank Lampard is prime suspect for the Reina burglary, because no-one can account for his whereabouts on Tuesday night.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    I don't see Milan missing out on the cup this time, I think they're really motivated. It's almost more about getting revenge on Liverpool than winning the cup, the crowd was more enthousiastic than usual as well last night. Also, Kak?? and Seedorf are in great form.

But still, even though Liverpool's team is really mediocre imo, they seem to be good in cup matches, so who knows.

Barca really is a lot weaker than last season, they had a lot of luck in their league matches. What really surprises me though is that AC Milan is playing the final and not Inter.

Yeah, they look mad weak, son... Top-of-the-league weak.
    http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/table1.html

Liverpool look stronger than last time they did Milan. Should be a good one.

BTW Frank Lampard is prime suspect for the Reina burglary, because no-one can account for his whereabouts on Tuesday night.

if you wanna go by league tables then you'd think Manchester United thrashing Roma who are ahead in Serie A and also dumped Milan out of the cup would of stood a good chance last night. Plus Liverpool are miles behind the pace and lost to Man U home and away domestically. Saying that though Liverpool finished 5th when they won the Champions League last time.

Barca aren't the same team that won it last season and considering the lack of serious opposition in Spain, it would take a miracle for them not to be in 1st.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    You see how C. Reina's house got burgeralized last night during the LP/Blues game?

Salty ass Chelsea fans, or very due-diligent criminals?

I obviously no longer really care, but I figure if Liverpool wins the cup, my boys can feel slightly vindicated that they handled them 3 times this year.

and yes...i am

I'm allowed to say this because I'm a Scouser (not that that ever stops non-scousers from saying it), but...

I FUCKING HATE SCOUSERS (sometimes).

Pepe Reina is the third Liverpool player to have his gaff turned over during a game this season - Peter Crouch and Daniel Agger being the other two. The thieving bastards are obviously Equal Opportunity offenders, as Andy van der Meyde from the Blue Shite has been done twice as well.

Rumour has it that Frank Lampard has been questioned by the police over a suspected involvement at Reina's place, due to him being unable to account for his whereabouts between the hours of 7:45 and 10:30 on Tuesday night.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Damn...too late.

However don't get that confused with playing fantastic.

Fantastic, mediocre, fair, call it what you will, they beat chelsea (no matter if fat frank was out burglarizing, wishing he was in spain, or contemplating why the england national team can't gel). russian mafia money can't buy you a european title, and apparently a premiership title this year. boo hoo. maybe he should stick to music:

500 million to buy the league cup.

Crouchy lives in Alderley Edge, so it was Mancs that did his yard. But it's not a NW thing. A lot of the Chelski squad have been turned over too. NW doesn't have the monopoly on criminals.

Remember that Russian kid who bought TVR and moved his family over to London? They moved back because they were robbed so many tims they felt it was safer back home!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I thought Heinze was terrible, especially in the first half. MAN U showed zero heart.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i wish a meteor would hit gattuso