WEEKDAY COPPINGZ ----------->

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
most of these from yesterday, stumbled upon a new thrift spot, a little bit of goodness for cheap

Comments

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    That Notorious Miami has some nice chill grooves. Unfortunately, my copy is missing the cover.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    Found some nice records at yesterday's flea market:

Eddy Mitchell comp on Barclay

The J.C. White Singers - Come alive for Jesus Lp
    => Great gospel/soul/funk album on Savoy

The Davis Sisters Sing Authentic Southern Style Gospel Lp
    => Another nice gospel lp, recorded live

The Violinaires - God's Creation Lp
    => Dudes, I have no clue about how these three US gospel lp's got togethere on a flea market in a small Belgian village. But I'm very happy with them, that's the least I can say. Especially this one by The Violinaires on the Checker label is pure fire. It's a crossover record, melting gospel and vintage soul with blues and little bits of funk. Absolutely highly recommended.

Henry Mancini - The Party Lp
    => Nice score to the '68 Peter Seller flick.

Harry Stoneham & Johnny Eyden - That Organ Touch

V/A - Popcorn Music - Reggae Disco Sound Lp
    => Trojan comp with some ok reggae tracks.

The Four Tops - Are you man enough/Peace of mind 7"

Today I got a great gift. A guy at my work placement (national radio) gave me the last 5 lp's he had at home, including:

Andy Warhol's Velvet Underground ft. Nico 2Lp
    Jimi Hendrix - are you experienced Lp
    Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother Lp

Very friendly guy if you ask me. After he gave me the lp's he started telling stories about how he met David Bowie on a christmas party and how he met John Lennon in a toilet. His colleague (they both have been working for radio and television since the 60s) later on told about how he went for a drink with Serge Gainsbourg...