Upcoming Mike 2600 t'ings...

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited May 2007 in Announcements
Saturday May 5 TOO MUCH LOVEFirst Avenue Main Room (701 First Ave N, downtown Minneapolis), 9PM - 3AM + Dude it's the totally hott hipster dance night and I'm spinning at it so come dance to the futuristic musics I play.18+ / $3 / free with college IDSaturday May 12 FUNKY SOLE Star Shoes (6364 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA), 9PM - 2AM + I'm gonna be spinning some records at this long-running funk dance night hosted by Egon from Stones Throw, Mies from Breakestra, and Cut Chemist! Here's hoping Kirsten Dunst shows up! 21+ / Free Saturday June 16 DESSERT First Amendment Arts (1101 Stinson Blvd, NE MPLS), 7PM - 2AM + Aye Jay (he of Gangsta Rap Coloring Book fame)'s son Cohen has been making these abstract watercolor paintings and having his father send them off to artists like Shepard Fairey, Mark Ryden, Gary Baseman, Kaws, Aaron Horkey, and even Jack Davis (from MAD Magazine!!!) to add their own artistic elements to and then send back. Aye Jay will be exhibiting over 50 of the best collaborations in our gallery and we couldn't be more excited to show them! Doug Surreal and I will be doing a live P.A. performance. Hot crap! All ages / 21+ to drink / Free Friday June 22 HOT BANANAS V.I.P. Room at First Avenue (701 1st Ave N., downtown Minneapolis), 9PM - 2AM + VIP Room dance party! Check out this mondo lineup: Certified Bananas (Providence RI) DJ Willy Joy (Chicago IL) DJ Mike the 2600 King (Hello) It's a full night of fast rap, dirty disco, exploding '80s robot rock, and more. Come make it happen. 18+ / $6 Friday June 29 NO REQUEST FRIDAYS Redlight above Trocadero (1758 N. Water St, Milwaukee), 10PM - 2AM + I'll be in Milwaukee for the weekend and the DJ of all Milwaukee DJs, Kid Cut Up, was cool enough to host me and King Otto for the night and let us do our thing. Kid Cut Up and his homie Why B have been rockin' this hip hop dance night for many moons, so if you're in town, come through and find out what it doeth. 21+ / Free / Ladies drink free before midnight!