Bugs you'd really rather not see again...

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm from Florida, and I've lived on the cusp of development for years, so I'm accustomed to bugs of all kinds appearing in the home. However, today after my sink started leaking I started pulling everything out from the cabinet beneath it only to discover a bug that I had never seen before. It freaked me out at first, but some quick research revealed that it is in fact a bug-eating bug, and therefore a favorable bug. Nevertheless seeing this :had me shook.I'm sure some of you strutters have some bug stories so let's walk 'em out.

Comments

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I saw one of those at my last place of employment. That durn bug was really fast!!!! Is it a silverfish????

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    No, it's a centipede. A house centipede.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yo! i found one of these in my house a couple weeks ago. i grabbed it up in a papertowel, but his head was sticking out staring at me. i had to set him free out in the bushes in the front near the palm trees and all that. if i catch him creeping inside again...down the toilet bowl he will go. crazy looking.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    No, it's a centipede. A house centipede.

Ah, that's good to know. I had a bunch of these in my last apartment, which was more of a garage really. As long as they pissed off behind a wall or something I didn't see the need to squish them. They got up to 5-6". At first I thought they might be dangerous. But the old place never had roaches or rodents. Must have been these things keeping them at bay.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i havent seen a live one but, Tarantula Hawks scare the sheesh of me. one of my professors has a bug collection and has several in there. he said as a kid he would take care of these with a base ball bat as a kid.