Weldon Irvine Sisters

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I see that there is a recent reissue for sale on the saucerman label. But was this album ever originally released back in '79/'80.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    nope

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Is it as good has his older recs?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

1) The album is meant to be a compilation of unreleased material so no, there was no "original release." I was confused by this too until I read the back of the LP and saw that it's not an album but a comp.

2) The material is mixed. There are a handful of good songs but if you're hoping for something like "Time Capsule" you'll be disappointed. The version of "Morning Sunrise" is butta though.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

1) The album is meant to be a compilation of unreleased material so no, there was no "original release." I was confused by this too until I read the back of the LP and saw that it's not an album but a comp.

2) The material is mixed. There are a handful of good songs but if you're hoping for something like "Time Capsule" you'll be disappointed. The version of "Morning Sunrise" is butta though.
    Dope! I got most of his ish and love it unfortunatley I just never can seem to land any of his originals on wax. I bump the shit out of the cd of Time Capsule and this cat I used to cop records from when I lived in So-Cal had an OG on the wall of it... I asked him to sell it to me everytime I was in there (which was atleast twice a week) and dude would always say "no" or "well when I decide to sell it I will want a lot for it" I always told that dude if he ever wanted to sell it "tell me I will come out the pocket for it.". One day it was gone and I sure didn't get it. That dude always acted like my money wasn't green Funk dat (all good I actually came up alright out of dudes store). Thanks for listening to me vent on shady store owners!