Hooray for the Texas Judicial System!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Justice is truly blind.Texas Teen Gets 7 Years for Pushing TeacherBy Tracy Stokes, BET.com News Staff & Wire ServicesPosted March 28, 2007 ??? In Paris, Texas, last year, a 14-year-old White girl burns down her family's home. Her punishment? Probation. In the same town three months later, a 15-year-old Black girl, Shaquanda Cotton, is sentenced to seven years in prison for pushing a hall monitor at her high school.Shaquanda had no prior arrests, and the monitor, a 58-year-old teacher???s aide, was not hurt, according to Black leaders in the northeast Texas town of about 26,000 residents. But in March 2006, the same judge, Lamar County Judge Chuck Superville, who let the White teenage girl go on probation, convicted Shaquanda of "assault on a public servant" and sent her to prison at least until she turns 21.Officials at the Texas Youth Commission declined to discuss the case with BET.com, citing Texas law."State law forbids us from acknowledging whether we have any youths are in our system, despite the 50 million issues of print that's been run," said Jim Hurley, a spokesman for the Texas Youth Commission. "We???d have to break the law to talk about it."

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Sorry to kill your "I hate Texas" buzz but this girl was let out of prison weeks ago and ONLY went to prison after her mother said she would NOT comply with the original Probabtion verdict.

This girl attacked a teacher's aide.

On a similar note a 15 year old Grapevine, Texas high school football player punched his coach in the face this week.

He is now in Juvenile detention.

This is what happens when you attack people.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    she was released on april 1st

the incident happened in 05, I think she was sentenced in 06, only took a year for those idiots to release her.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Oh...still fucked up she was even sentenced...after living for over 10 years in Fort Worth, I think I can play the "Fuck Texas" card, outdated article or not.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    can i get a link to where that articles from?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Give Texas back to Mexico. We don't need it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Give Texas back to Mexico. We don't need want[/b] it.

I keed, I keed.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Sounds like a perfect example of a huge social problem called "disproportional minority contact" within the criminal justice system. Well documented and probly very much alive in Texas.

• This is what happens when you attack people.

what happens when you burn down your parent's house?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is what happens when you attack people.

what happens when you burn down your parent's house?

Very nice....did your homework.

You get the same offer of probation that the high scool student who attacked a 58 year old woman did.

And you have to abide to the conditions of the probation.

I support that verdict in both cases.