NFL DRAFT BATCHES ( > NBA Playoffs Batches lolol!)

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
where yall cotdamn NFL headz at, for petes sake? how can you care about the frickin' NBA Playoffs (yawn) when the NFL DRAFT (most important sports event in the USA, even more than the Super Bowl) is ruling everything imaginable this weekend???Who's so far??? Who got ??? Who's whole draft is straight ???I'm diggin' how the Browns got, technically, two top 5 caliber players (that's assuming that Brady Quim isn't gonna be the next Tim "F*ck Yo" Couch. And I have a feeling that he's gonna be at least Cowboys did good in that deal for Brady Quim, tooQuim is the one that lost in this whole scenario... although in the long run at least he is with the team he wanted to be with anyway. But MAN... the look on his face when the Dolphins took Ted Ginn Jr.... Patriots fans got a lot to be happy about. Randy Moss? Brandon Merriweather? Along with all of their other off season pick ups? Looks like NE is gonna be straight SCARY this year I have no idea what my Eagles are trying to do, though Yall betta start talkin' about some REAL sports schitt and add on to this thread... to not do so is to forever be labeled as very very

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    where yall cotdamn NFL headz at, for petes sake? how can you care about the frickin' NBA Playoffs (yawn) when the 76'ers are at home watching the NFL Draft!![/b]

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    ted ginn jr that early was
    that foll better be the next steve smith / dante hall... from what i can tell, miami doesnt even have a starting qb yet. is it daunte? trent green?

-rich

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Patriots fans got a lot to be happy about. Randy Moss? Brandon Merriweather? Along with all of their other off season pick ups? Looks like NE is gonna be straight SCARY this year

Man, I don't necessarily know if picking up Moss is a good move. We need help at wide receiver, safety and cornerback, but an attitude like Moss's might undermine the "team first" Patriots mentality. Brady likes to spread the ball out, which seems like the sort of situation that might lead to a "just throw me the damn ball" meltdown by Moss around mid-season. Of course, winning salves a lot of wounds, so we'll see. But for now, I'm skeptical.

In safety news, we picked up a very solid safety yesterday in the first round, but I doubt he'll have any impact this year, as it takes a while for even veterans to pick up the intricacies of a Belichick defense. Still, we're stocking the pool for future success, and I ain't mad. We still need help at corner going forward and in the defensive backfield this year, though.

What's your read on your Eagles?

im somewhat happy with how my buffalo bills did in the 2st day.

Marshall Lynch at 12 was kind of high but then again we gots to replace te loss of mcgahee.
    Paul Poluzny in the 2nd and then Trent Edwards in the 3rd in case JP losman doesnt pan out.

solid, my bills need to get back to losing 4 straight superbowls. c'mon billz!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cowboys made the deal of the draft......basically swapped a 3rd and 5th this year for the Brown's #1 next year.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Patriots fans got a lot to be happy about. Randy Moss? Brandon Merriweather? Along with all of their other off season pick ups? Looks like NE is gonna be straight SCARY this year

Man, I don't necessarily know if picking up Moss is a good move. We need help at wide receiver, safety and cornerback, but an attitude like Moss's might undermine the "team first" Patriots mentality. Brady likes to spread the ball out, which seems like the sort of situation that might lead to a "just throw me the damn ball" meltdown by Moss around mid-season. Of course, winning salves a lot of wounds, so we'll see. But for now, I'm skeptical.

Don't worry about Moss as an attitude problem... you got dudes on that team who are not gonna bitch up like the Eagles did with TO a couple of years ago. They're a championship organization, they will NOT let Moss become a problem. And I seriously doubt in that atmosphere Moss would even think about being a problem. Just like Corey Dillon, he's gonna know trust that Bill Ball-a-chick knows how to get that trophy and he's gonna fall in line and do what's asked of him. He's already agreed to restructure his contract significantly, so that tells you right there where his head's at. This is a great move for the Pats... on paper they look almost unstoppable on offense. Not sure how solid their line is but the skill positions are pretty damn

In safety news, we picked up a very solid safety yesterday in the first round, but I doubt he'll have any impact this year, as it takes a while for even veterans to pick up the intricacies of a Belichick defense. Still, we're stocking the pool for future success, and I ain't mad. We still need help at corner going forward and in the defensive backfield this year, though.

I think Merriweather will be able to come right in and contribute. Hell, for the past few years haven't they been bringin' in dudes off the street for their secondary and still doing ? Merriweather is the real deal... he only dropped because of character issues, which, like Moss, I don't think will be an issue with this team. Ball-a-chick doesn't mind playing rookies, so I expect to see dude play and play well in 2007.

What's your read on your Eagles?

Luckily I'm pretty cool with the roster we had pre-draft, but I was hoping we would add somebody significant on day one, most importantly an impact player for the back seven on defense. Doesn't look like we did that. We probably would've gotten Merriweather if the Pats hadn't picked him before we had the chance, though. I totally don't understand why we'd take a QB with our first pick, though. Are they saying that McNabb is hurt worse than we thought, or that management is losing confidence in him? They must REALLY like this kid Kolb if they're projecting him as the QB of the future, which must be how they're looking at him if they're taking him with the 36th pick in the entire draft

im somewhat happy with how my buffalo bills did in the 2st day.

Marshall Lynch at 12 was kind of high but then again we gots to replace te loss of mcgahee.
    Paul Poluzny in the 2nd and then Trent Edwards in the 3rd in case JP losman doesnt pan out.

solid, my bills need to get back to losing 4 straight superbowls. c'mon billz!

Yeah, I liked the Bills' picks a lot. Two dudes who should make an impact, plus an insurance policy at QB is a good move too (jury's still out on this Losman kid... i don't think he's ever gonna make upstate New Yorkers forget about Jim Kelly)

I totally don't understand why we'd take a QB with our first pick, though. Are they saying that McNabb is hurt worse than we thought, or that management is losing confidence in him? They must REALLY like this kid Kolb if they're projecting him as the QB of the future, which must be how they're looking at him if they're taking him with the 36th pick in the entire draft

Yeah, if they had taken him maybe 3rd round or later, I might think they were just picking up an insurance policy and putting a little pressure on McNabb to perform, but at 36, they have to be looking at him as the future, or as trade bait.

im not a 49er fan but living out in the bay area its kind of hard not to get excited with how the rebuilding process is going. mike nolan done good!

darrell jackson to go along w/ career underachiever ashley lelie not too mention nate clements(as a bills fan that shit was hard to swallow, seeing quite possibly the top shutdown cornerback lost to free agency).

sf 49ers nfc west champs? possible.

• The Pats are going to be disgusting next year. The league should be shook.

Sean Payton is trying to build the nastiest offense ever. Good luck checking Colston, Henderson and Meacham, Cornerbacks of the world.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    ted ginn jr that early was

This is what happens when a team drafts for need ....The Dolphins don't need a QB as much as they need a speed receiver....#9 is too high for Ginn.. but there was no way in hell the Dolphins were going to pay Quinn top #10 money when they have a new coach and the choice of two experienced Quarterbacks to run the new offense....They couldn't trade down...so why not take the 2nd best receiver in the draft if he's available and it takes care of your most important need ?

Ted Ginn Jr > Wes Welker

Then again.........The Trailblazers didn't need Michael Jordan

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Cowboys made the deal of the decade[/b].

Sean Payton is trying to build the nastiest offense ever. Good luck checking Colston, Henderson and Meacham, Cornerbacks of the world.

This is what I will never understand with this guy here in Philly- Andy Reid wants to throw the ball every down, yet he has NEVER made it a priority to load up with serious threats at receiver for McNabb like New Orleans and New England are doing for Brees and Brady. Those two offenses are gonna be hard to stop if all the key pieces stay healthy in 2007

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    American football is for grown men with a fetish for spandex!

• American football is for grown men.

American football Professional wrestling[/b] is for grown men with a fetish for spandex!