Toe Fat I II on Buddah

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Are the Rare Earth label's not the first presses of their LP's? What's the for these?

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Are the Rare Earth label's not the first presses of their LP's? What's the for these?

Can't help you with the price check, but the only other versions I've seen of the Toe Fat albums are on EMI, in the UK (where the band originated; Motown/Rare Earth picked up the US rights).

Never seen the Buddah versions. What country are those from? 'Cause I see no mention of Toe Fat on the Buddah discography on the Both Sides Now website.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Can't help you with the price check, but the only other versions I've seen of the Toe Fat albums are on EMI, in the UK (where the band originated; Motown/Rare Earth picked up the US rights).

Never seen the Buddah versions. What country are those from? 'Cause I see no mention of Toe Fat on the Buddah discography on the Both Sides Now website.

Co-sign. I got an Itallian pressing of Toe Fat Two on EMI as well.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The real money is in the UK pressings (on Regal). These records are god awful.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    As someone already said, the Rare Earth label did a bit of licensing in order to build up their roster. UFO's first album was released in the U.S. through Rare Earth. With Toe Fat, Rare Earth were the first U.S. pressings. From what I know, only the Rare Earth (the band) albums were briefly reissued with Motown labels. Everything else did not sell as much, so most likely those Rare Earth pressings are the only ones.

If you really want it, those Regal Zonophone/EMI pressings from the UK are your best best in terms of sound quality, although if you just want the music, opt for the Rare Earth ones. I have not heard the CD of the first two albums.