45's That Sound Better At 33 1/3

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• Michael Jackson - "I can't help it"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Marianne Faithfull - "Sister Morphine"

• The Invitations - "Written On The Wall" (Dynovoice)

• FUNKY NASSAU!!!![/b]

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    brenton wood - oogum boogum

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The flip of this....."Your Love Is All I Need"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

it took pot smoking and messing around on a late-night radio show to discover this. it's kinda like jesus lizard does simon and garfunkel.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Ha!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    The Joe Thomas Group: I'm Comin' Home Baby (Cobblestone)
    Sounds completely normal at 33. Tune is so fast.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Ha!

yo!!!! for real though, thats the shit!!! been meaning to pick the LP up for a long time.

• TrueStuTrueStu 91 Posts
    The guy I used to do my radio show with back in the day played the Booker T. and the M.G.s "Slim Jenkin's Place" 45 at 33. It sounded nice.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The Joe Thomas Group: I'm Comin' Home Baby (Cobblestone)
    Sounds completely normal at 33. Tune is so fast.

Instrumentals always sound normal when you change up the speed. Only when vocals come in do things start getting strange.

And to the person who plays the 45 of "They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaaa!" on 33...ever try the backwards B-side ("Aaaaa-ah, Yawa Em Ekat Ot Gnimoc Er'yeht")?

• It took three plays through for me to realize that the Blow Up Exclusive Blend Vol. 2 library comp was supposed to be played at 45. I thought it was sooooo heavy.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    brenton wood - oogum boogum

I only have the LP, so i had to -8 it, but i still might have enjoyed it more at that speed.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    when i first put on the Winstons "amen brother" i didn't have it on 45 and thought, "damn, this is funkier than i remember!" then i figured it out. still sounded MUCH better on 33 1/3!

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    If it's late and I'm drunk, I always throw on JB's "World, pt. 1" on 33. Sounds good to my ears.