Best time to end auctions ? ('ebay RR)

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
So has anyone found a best day & time to have an auction end?Any times/days better than others for maximum bids?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Friday and Saturday nights are a bad idea, but other than that... your auctions will go higher the better records and the better reputation you have. When you start/end the auction is a lot less important.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I usually shoot for mid-day during the week. Mad heads sitting idle at work = they'd much rather be buying records online? You should probably also take international bidders' time zone into account. Sniping trumps all.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    your auctions will go higher the better records and the better reputation you have. When you start/end the auction is a lot less important.

true.. shoot for the 1st and 15th though. avoid mondays, sundays, weekends. as far time of day, go for mid-day US time, that way you cover the US bidders and catch the euro heads before bedtime.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yeah, I dunno how much of this is just superstition, but I've found that Tues-Thurs is best.

• soulsansoulsan 11 Posts
    Hi Jonny_Paycheck,
    I am trying to sending you a PM concerning trades, but your mail box is full.
    soulsan

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    It's random. If I, for some reason, wake up early in the morning to use the restroom, it's a good time to go to eBay and post up. 2:42am is a great time.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Funny that people are recommending against Sunday -
    I found that was far & away the best time back when
    I was running 40-50 items weekly. Sunday late-afternoon
    or early evening was prime time. This was 3 or 4 years ago,
    though, I wonder if it's changed. Saturday night was the
    absolute worst time. You could lose big money ending auctions
    on Friday or Saturday nights.

Funny that people are recommending against Sunday -
    I found that was far & away the best time back when
    I was running 40-50 items weekly. Sunday late-afternoon
    or early evening was prime time. This was 3 or 4 years ago,
    though, I wonder if it's changed. Saturday night was the
    absolute worst time. You could lose big money ending auctions
    on Friday or Saturday nights.

Serious answer from me this time. Weekdays are better at a reasonable hour, perhaps between 5-8am, or 5-8pm, but if someone wants something, they will be there placing a bid for it. Weekends could be considered a time when everyone is browsing for something, but that doesn't mean that the target audience of your item is there waiting too.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Sure, the Fri/Sat nights are going to suck, but anything else here is just speculation. Unless you're listing the same items every week, theres no way to prove any of this. Your auction prices obviously depend on alot of things. Your rep, amount of things you're listing, sound clips, good pictures, condition, descriptions, etc. You dudes know this.

3:17am, 1:14pm, and four weeks from now are good times.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    3:17am, 1:14pm, and four weeks from now are good times.

I can vouch for those 3 exact times as well. I once sold a Ramsey Lewis album for $405.06 at 1:14pm, and then 6 minutes later, a copy went for only $3.56.

True Story.