They should shorten my work day...

emyndemynd 830 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
...seriously, I get into the office at 8:30 and don't do any actual work until 10:30 (10 if they're lucky), I go to lunch from 1 to 2, and I stop doing work around 3:00 (I leave around 4:30). I do like 3 and a half total hours of work a day.That's what's up.Fuck motivation and work ethic... long live "just enough to get by"!-e

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    not to mention the lack of productivity after lunch break. if anyone is productive after lunch, i'd really like to hear how they do it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ...seriously, I get into the office at 8:30 and don't do any actual work until 10:30 (10 if they're lucky), I go to lunch from 1 to 2, and I stop doing work around 3:00 (I leave around 4:30). I do like 3 and a half total hours of work a day.

That's what's up.

Fuck motivation and work ethic... long live "just enough to get by"!

-e

What do you do?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    What do you do?

Apparently

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I "work" at a publishing company on some entry-level bs.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ...seriously, I get into the office at 8:30 and don't do any actual work until 10:30 (10 if they're lucky), I go to lunch from 1 to 2, and I stop doing work around 3:00 (I leave around 4:30). I do like 3 and a half total hours of work a day.

That's what's up.

-e

• parenparen 537 Posts
    I "work" at a publishing company on some entry-level bs.

publishing is gaze.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    not to mention the lack of productivity after lunch break. if anyone is productive after lunch, i'd really like to hear how they do it.

I'm just the opposite. I get all my work done after lunch. Pre-lunch is my soulstrut and wake up time.

Where's my coffee?

Seriously, there are days where I work my ass off and there's day where I do BS work just to pass the time. I like my job but I long for a job that's more sociable.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    NOW ABOUT THOSE TPS REPORTS, MMMKAY

I'M GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE YOU COME IN ON _________

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    if anyone is productive after lunch, i'd really like to hear how they do it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

You obviously ain't up on the gangster science that is "Rich Dad Poor Dad".

• Options

Eat a small lunch with very little carbs and a high dose of protein in it; drink plenty of water, and have small bits of caffeine spread through out the day rather than one blast of coffee in the morning. You'll be less prone to "crash" when your "somethingsomething (i forget the word, Coselmed help plaese) rhythms" kick in to sleep mode at 2pm.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Eat a small lunch with very little carbs and a high dose of protein in it; drink plenty of water, and have small bits of caffeine spread through out the day rather than one blast of coffee in the morning. You'll be less prone to "crash" when your "somethingsomething (i forget the word, Coselmed help plaese) rhythms" kick in to sleep mode at 2pm.

I think you're looking for "Long Island guiding techno stations"

• Options

I think you're looking for "Long Island guiding techno stations"

Did you mean to type "guido" or "guiding"?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Hi, M**t! Sorry we missed you on Friday.

I think the word you're looking for is "circadian," but what you're describing (people "crashing" after lunch) probably has more to do with your blood glucose levels dropping back to/below normal during digestion.

That said, if staying awake is a real problem for some of you, try some green tea or consider asking your doctor for Provigil (it's currently indicated for narcolepsy and excessive daytime sleepiness in shift workers, and soon to be indicated for ADD). It's very mild and won't give you the same jitters as amphetamines or other stimulants.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

word. i've noticed some of those points you made.