oldschool discorap 45 supposed to be raer.. is it?

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

........its pretty good actually!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Glen Adams made a ton of records, on Capo and other labels... He was actually responsible for the Blue Grass funk 45 I had copies of, and has a number of old school rap records on the label. I haven't seen this one before - but the other releases on the label are all relatively common.

What do you mean "supposed to be raer", did someone tell you that? Or just speculation?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Glen Adams made a ton of records, on Capo and other labels... He was actually responsible for the Blue Grass funk 45 I had copies of, and has a number of old school rap records on the label.

Never seen that variation of the label before.

I'm guessing it was near the end of the label's run and the fact that the label design is more stripped down (no multicolor printing) and it may have been 45-only suggests that they were cash strapped at that point... so it could have been pressed in smaller quantities than other Capo releases.

True, although when was the last Capo record? 85? A bit late for le disco rapps.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    True, although when was the last Capo record? 85? A bit late for le disco rapps.

Not sure... most of the Capo rap 12"s I have are 81-83, I think.

What do you mean "supposed to be raer", did someone tell you that? Or just speculation?

well im not born and raised in the streets of newyork, if i was i might have had 10copies of this???

but really though, i was informed that no one seems to know of the existence of this particular 45.... its more like loose disco boogie with t-ski

chorus sounds like a kool&gang thing and i cant quite place the bassline although im soughta sure ive heard it before somewhere?

Well I've never seen it... and I've seen a LOT of disco rap.

Well I've never seen it... and I've seen a LOT of disco rap.

thanks a lot for the comments.

any other info on this capo 7' from strutters with oldschool rap knowledge would be very apreciated..

rockrockYA!

• Sounds interesting... Can you please make a soundclip for the rest of us to listen to my friend?

Dress

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    There's a Euro 12" release of this that's not too hard to come by. Never seen a US 12" (or 7") before though.