Possible definition of NAGL?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
While not the greatest collaboration by any means. Yoko is reallyyyyy layin' a hurtin...I wonder when she let out the yelps, if John was thinking right at that moment that she has zero talent.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    You should dig up the video of Chuck Berry peeing on his maid. That would fit NAGL better.

Yoko hate? How original. Have you heard the Fly or the Plastic Ono Band records?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    yoko's yodeling skills are top notch

her tamborine abilities are awful though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    You should dig up the video of Chuck Berry peeing on his maid. That would fit NAGL better.

There is a video? Not that I need to see that. But damn...

Yoko hate? How original.
    Original would have been if she got any love.

In any case, I'd never seen this clip before.

More to your liking?

The two records I mentioned are very good. Because you didn't say whether or not you heard them. I'm assuming you haven't. I usually bother with something like that before I make wholesale dismissals of people's talent.

She was also--more importantly--a pioneering visual artist.

sayin

but, yeah that video is lame.

I just realized I'm riding for Yoko's records in this thread while slamming Amy Whitehouse over in the other thread for her lack of vocal talent.

eh.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    YOKO SHREDS

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I wonder when she let out the yelps, if John was thinking right at that moment that she has zero talent.

He's probably think she is a brilliant artists who is doing something original even in the confines of a 12 bar rock and roll song.

You should see USA vs John Lennon to understand how enamored John was of Yoko and how he was using her to get the critical artistic recognition he wanted.

Seemed like John fucked up the harmony and the phrasing on the first 2 verses. I bet Chuck was thinking how did this guy get so rich singing my songs when he can't even do them right.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I just realized I'm riding for Yoko's records in this thread while slamming Amy Whitehouse over in the other thread for her lack of vocal talent.

eh.

Whatever. Consistency is great, but human nature is a bundle of contradictions. Run with it.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    YOKO SHREDS

Seriously. Uptight Beatles fans need to chill with the "Yoko killed the Beatles" hate. She is a visionary, but sadly I'll bet you that like many other artists, her work won't be fully appreciated until she passes away. Shit like that drives me crazy.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    What blows my mind is that so many Yoko haters are into "imagine". I fail to realize how anyone who had heard "oh yoko" could still hate her. I seriously think thats one of my favorite love songs ever.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    YOKO SHREDS

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    YOKO SHREDS

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I bet Chuck was thinking how did this guy get so rich singing my songs when he can't even do them right.

That crack about Lennon being bummed out by her is
    ludicrous, he was pretty much 100% invested in her
    and considered her a genius, which in plenty of ways
    she was/is. She has some great moments on record, but
    I think it's pretty universally accepted that the period
    of them trying to mesh John's 50's rock & roll love with
    her primal scream vocalisms is nearly unlistenable.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yoko is horrible, but the John and Chuck are not a BRILLIANT combination too I guess.

They sound like a amateur band together wehn it comes to sing.

Anyone read ever Chucks biography, that stuff is one of the funniest books I ever read. Check it out if you find it on a flea market.

Peace
    Hawkeye