60 Minutes: Stop Snitching

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
60 Minutes: Stop Snitching Pt 1

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh i caught that in my hung over state last night. It was pretty stupid overall.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Caught it too - Man who is by no means a rap fan or apologist said: "What a cheap and lazy story."

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    as saccarhine and sentimental as the 60 minutes piece was...this "stop snitchin'" shit is ignorant and sad.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    im impressed that Busta Rhymes is worried about his street cred.
    i thought that went out the door years ago

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im impressed that Busta Rhymes is worried about his street cred.
    i thought that went out the door years ago

never that, son.
    busta stays street creddy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Would you snitch?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Would you snitch?

if I saw someone raped and or murdered? Fuck yes. Not snitching and helping out the criminal is like pissing on the victim and/or the victim's family. Classless.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Would you snitch?

I would snitch on busta for being corny.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Would you snitch?

I would snitch on busta for being corny friendly.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Would you snitch?

if I saw someone raped and or murdered? Fuck yes. Not snitching and helping out the criminal is like pissing on the victim and/or the victim's family. Classless.

If people are doing dirt out in the open in your community (selling drugs, street prostitution,etc) the only thing that stops it is the will of that community to stop it and help from the police in enforcing those laws. So hell yes I have and will continue to call the cops when I see shit going on, and encourage neighbors to do the same.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Would you snitch?

you can't even fuck with my technique.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the definition of snitching i've known has been snitching on someone to avoid/reduce time served. what happened with just that?

• the definition of snitching i've known has been snitching on someone to avoid/reduce time served. what happened with just that?

It's gone to the

I feel sorry for those kids. They seemed completely lost.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    If people are doing dirt out in the open in your community (selling drugs, street prostitution,etc) the only thing that stops it is the will of that community to stop it and help from the police in enforcing those laws. So hell yes I have and will continue to call the cops when I see shit going on, and encourage neighbors to do the same.

Cosign. Right now I am sitting in my living room, looking out of the window and on the other side of the streets - exactly opposite of my window - there is a flat that is the local neighbourhood crack spot. Always people ringing the bell and the guys were even so "smart" to install a video camera on their window so they can see who is at the door. I thought police would be smart enough to see whats going on (this is soo obvious with camera, they could also have made a sign "Heroin here! Come get it now"!) I see the guy through the window packing packages and the usual blowjob in the car in front of the house, early morning junkies standing there at 8am. I am sick of this, my neighbourhood is def a hotspot and now I have it right across the street. Then again, I don't want to have my name in police papers and I don't have full overview what is going on over there

• Where does the anonymous tip hotline work into this all?

Where does the anonymous tip hotline work into this all?

Is this directed at me? I dunno if this exists over here, if I call 911 (here it is 110) then they see my number and they ask questions. I had it more than once, my old flat 2 blocks away was even worse. I am so glad that weapon laws over here are quite strict...

• I'm not following you. Why should it matter that they see your number and ask questions?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Pay phone. You guys don't have anonymous tips in Germany?

Yeah, I get your points, I should make a payphone call. I just dont wanna be mentioned and that would happen if the police know my name. You never know who these people across the street are and who is involved. I dont wanna be visited by some people I dont ever want to meet in my life
    But I will check for it. The guy just did hit the pipe again, I can see him sitting there and still people come and go...F*ck Crack!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the first step to stop "stop snitching" is for police departments to offer REAL security to those that do cooperate. the fear of retaliation is very real and, in many cities, very valid.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    the first step to stop "stop snitching" is for police departments to offer REAL security to those that do cooperate. the fear of retaliation is very real and, in many cities, very valid.

Oh hell yeah - that's why I advocate the anonymous tip. Doing the right thing is much more enjoyable when it's not accompanied by a beatdown.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

We'll be right back with part 2 of our stop snithcin' series: a look at the Scooter Libby trial.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I feel sorry for those kids. They seemed completely lost.

"Don't back down from a fight ...hold your own...mind your business..get money ....don't snitch ....look fresh"

These are not the words of a "lost" kid

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    "we don't make guns, smith and wesson makes guns. white people make guns and make bullets, we're just putting words together."

it's always nice to see what the youth of america have to look up to.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "we don't make guns, smith and wesson makes guns. white people guns and make bullets, we're just putting words together."

Given the sales of Cam's last album, I'm not sure the "youth of america" are actually checking for Cam in very high numbers.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    "we don't make guns, smith and wesson makes guns. white people guns and make bullets, we're just putting words together."

Given the sales of Cam's last album, I'm not sure the "youth of america" are actually checking for Cam in very high numbers.

you caught me, i am from today's hip hop. i was under the impression someone was really buying his records.

• "we don't make guns, smith and wesson makes guns. white people guns and make bullets, we're just putting words together."

kids download.

Also during the news today (philly news) every time they did a report on a crime I found myself yelling stop snitching! at the screen. Other people didn't know what was going on and I felt awkward.

• I feel sorry for those kids. They seemed completely lost.

"Don't back down from a fight ...hold your own...mind your business..get money ....don't snitch ....look fresh"

These are not the words of a "lost" kid

I was more baffled by how the kid rattled those slogans off without thinking about them.

"Just do it... Have it your way... Because I'm worth it..."

Know what I mean?

What about the girl who said she'd consume even the worst rappers would throw at her?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    FF,

Are we really going to debate over the relative influence of Killa on the "youth of America"?

kids download.

Also during the news today (philly news) every time they did a report on a crime I found myself yelling stop snitching! at the screen. Other people didn't know what was going on and I felt awkward.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

kids download.

My wife says "this imaginary life you have makes things difficult with real people".