freaky science fiction killer of bugs

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Holy shit!

This planet gets stranger everyday.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wow. nature is AMAZING!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i could only find the japanese version of Planet Earth but the fungi growth time laspse stuff in the jungle is incredible

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts
    Makes me want to do hallucinogens and watch

Best killer insect movie ever

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i could only find the japanese version of Planet Earth but the fungi growth time laspse stuff in the jungle is incredible

WOAH. That last part about the fungi taking over the bug's body is disturbing and . The narration says that it consequently keeps the bug population under control.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Sounds good. Sorry, Bapt.........

WOAH. That last part about the fungi taking over the bug's body is disturbing and .

i know! the part where the ant goes mad is disturbing too. it's crazy how the infection in the mind drives it to climb upward all disoriented. probably so it gets enough height that when the spores burst they will fall on the ground evenly to nail more insect hosts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Ummm...you guys saw that 100 meter high pile-o-bat-terds covered in roaches right?

They have the full series on TV Links, I'll be watching this weekend sho nuff!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    blue planet and planet earth are

david attenborough is the man

Ummm...you guys saw that 100 meter high pile-o-bat-terds covered in roaches right?

They have the full series on TV Links, I'll be watching this weekend sho nuff!

yeah i hated that part. don't watch the american version they're airing on Discovery because they replace david attenborough's narration with sigourney weaver and she is flat and mega-boring. Why they did that, i don't know.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    they film these in such a powerful way. I almost wept over the hopelessness of the funguses taking over the ants.
    then i looked over at the counter in the kitchen and had to check myself

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    they replace david attenborough's narration with sigourney weaver

This shit makes me want to watch Microcosmos again.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    they replace david attenborough's narration with sigourney weaver

This shit makes me want to watch Microcosmos again.

It's going to be a real loss when Attenborough retires, these films just aren't the same without him.
    Planet Earth was amazingly beautiful. The military issue camera that they're now using on their helicopters is just mind blowing.

But if you like your creepy crawlies then you have to see this.