Orange Duke Label 45 vinyl non-appreciation

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
What is it with these things? They can look mint but still sound like bacon frying at the beach. I know this happens with all 45s on occaison, but it seems like it is disporportionately(sp?) the case with the orange dukes, the old school purple-gold ones are fine, and so are the half-tone light purple ones...just them orange bitches.

Comments

• I know ege-zach-lee what your talking about, plus there's so damn many of 'em, I have a hard time keeping track of what the good Bobby Bland joints are...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I know ege-zach-lee what your talking about, plus there's so damn many of 'em, I have a hard time keeping track of what the good Bobby Bland joints are...

ALL OF THEM!! (or at least 98%...Bland was in his prime all the time he was with the label, so you dont have to pick and choose between good & bad)

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    What is it with these things? They can look mint but still sound like bacon frying at the beach. I know this happens with all 45s on occaison, but it seems like it is disporportionately(sp?) the case with the orange dukes, the old school purple-gold ones are fine, and so are the half-tone light purple ones...just them orange bitches.

if youre thinking of what im thinking of, the light purple Dukes are DJ copies of the orange

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

if youre thinking of what im thinking of, the light purple Dukes are DJ copies of the orange

well I need to mint up all of my Oranges to the Purple promos...just found a "Honey Child" that looked spic and span but was majorly crackily...I actually weeped a little.