accomplice named in Jam Master Jay shooting

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Prosecutors name alleged accomplice in Jam Master Jay shootinghttp://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2007/04/18/jammasterjay-suspect.htmlU.S. prosecutors have identified a man who may be their best lead in the killing of Jam Master Jay of Run DMC back in 2002.Court papers indicate prosecutors have pinpointed Ronald (Tenad) Washington as an alleged accomplice to a second gunman who shot Jay, whose real name was Jason Mizell, inside his New York studio.Prosecutors would not comment on papers filed in early April in the trial of Washington, who was convicted in a series of armed robberies since Jay's murder."We're relieved there's some information coming out, although we understand that it's not the full story," said Fern Yates, a spokesperson for the Mizell family.During the 1980s, Run DMC ??? with Mizell, Joe (Run) Simmons and Darryl (DMC) McDaniels ??? blasted onto the music scene as pioneers of rap with songs such as King of Rock, It's Tricky and a remake of Aerosmith's Walk This Way.The papers indicate Washington, 45, denies any connection to Mizell's killing and said prosecutors were hounding him about the death of his "childhood friend" Mizell and other crimes.Prosecutors have based their version of events on an unidentified performer who was at the studio at the time of the murder. The performer said a man wearing a black sweatsuit appeared, embraced Mizell, pulled out a .40-caliber pistol and opened fire.The first round injured another person but a second bullet struck Mizell in the head.The witness said Washington "pointed his gun at those present in the studio, ordered them to get on the ground and provided cover for his associate to shoot and kill Jason Mizell."Washington has previously admitted being at the studio on the day Jay was killed because his friend had asked him to provide protection.The papers say Washington lived in various motels after Mizell's death and held up several fast-food restaurants and other businesses with a pellet gun.Meanwhile, a second person has told authorities Washington confessed to his role in Jay's murder, as well as the 1995 murder of Randy (Stretch) Walker, an associate of late rapper Tupac Shakur. Walker co-wrote several tracks that appeared on Shakur's posthumous Loyal to the Game release."They are trying to pen me up for these murders.??? It's all lies," Washington told the Boston Globe from his jail cell in Brooklyn.Washington's case is part of an ongoing federal investigation examining violence in the rap industry. The investigation includes the 1997 drive-by shooting of Notorious B.I.G., whose real name was Christopher Wallace. A rival of Shakur, Wallace was gunned down a year earlier.Federal prosecutors are expected to make major announcements over the next several months about the inquiry.

Comments

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    If its true, I say throw him in the middle of a crowd consisting of jaded old school b-boys and let the situation develop.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If its true, I say throw him in the middle of a crowd consisting of jaded old school b-boys and let the situation develop.

what would they do to him? breakdance battle?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

what would they do to him? breakdance battle?

They would obviously do head spins on his stomach while wearing pointed helmets.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    multiple windmills to the dome are no joke.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    multiple windmills to the dome are no joke.

Just ask DCastillo.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If I could catch that dude I would pry off his fingernails with bamboo shoots and jizz in his eye

Dude deserves a searious beatdown

• multiple windmills to the dome are no joke.

Just ask DCastillo.

hahaha!

• Washington's case is part of an ongoing federal investigation examining violence in the rap industry. The investigation includes the 1997 drive-by shooting of Notorious B.I.G., whose real name was Christopher Wallace...Federal prosecutors are expected to make major announcements over the next several months about the inquiry.

Not holding my breath for this.