Half.com

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
is sketchy at best. The ratio of professional to bullshit sellers seems much higher than on Ebay. That is all.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    is sketchy at best. The ratio of professional to bullshit sellers seems much higher than on Ebay. That is all.

You just have to check the feedback and the other subtleties, i.e., poor grammar suggests a feeble mind not up to the task of properly packing an item and shipping it across the country to you.

It's exactly like eBay.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The few purchases I've made there were completely painless + efficient, moreso than ebay... but I do my research

Hadn't used it in a while but after discovering a seller that listed ALL of their CDs as 'good' condition purchased Nate Dogg double CD for $8 (few scuffs but nothing serious)

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i used to buy my college textbooks via half.com this was before they got bought by ebay. thought it was solid but cant say it got any better once they got bought out. hell i didnt even know they were still in business really.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I bought a college Text book from them a couple months ago as well and the transaction went smoothly. I dont think id look for anything else from that site though.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i used to sell on half a lot. when ebay first bought them out there was some talk of just folding the whole system into ebay, but at the last minute they canceled that plan "by popular demand," which is odd, because I've never met anyone who uses that site for anything other than textbooks.

it's a lot easier to list things there then on ebay, but of course such a small fraction of the audience checks that site that it's a pretty worthless trade off. and amazon stores has pretty much made half irrelevant, since it's essentially the same system and (i assume) is much more popular with buyers.