Stevie Related

CherChezLaPLANCherChezLaPLAN 340 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm sure most of you have seen this before...This goes out to the people who haven't.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    holy shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the band's drummer looks like he needs a smoke

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I always knew he could play drums, didn't know he could...fuck...shit....up. That was amazing.

for sure.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    holy wonder

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    dude wyles out,
    that drum set must have been bolted to the floor
    anybody know what year this was?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    stevie IS GOD

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    wow... i watched that twice. i have to say stevie is awesome. ive seen videos of him playing on stage when he was little stevie and was blown away by that. hes got such a good stage presence. he draws in a crowd real well. i saw him perform once at a convention among a few hundred+ people and was star struck when i got to shake his hand.

thanks for posting this...

• rsmeetsrsmeets 35 Posts
    does anyone know what show this is from or when it was taped?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    holy shit.

• Song and year?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The song is "Ca'Purange," and I believe Gene Ammons did it first??

Anyway, this was apparently his big live showstopper where he showed off his drumming skills...you can hear it on his 1970 live album.

• Thank you!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks for posting this. i like the '80s graphic at the end

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Now I understand the point of the graemlin. Insane.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    WHOA

• i was star struck when i got to shake his hand.

you motherfucker

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

That was straight Shiiit, Stevie even had the ill double bass drum action on lock, which takes CRAAAAAAZY skills (oh yeah, I got 'em). I knew he could play the trap set, but no that damn good. One more reason why I love Stevie Wonder, truly a musical genius.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    the band's drummer looks like he needs a smoke

Right... dude looks like he's getting dunked on by Jordan. Like that one shot of Mo Cheeks underneath MJ that was so bad that they airbrushed out his face and jersey.

At: 5:16: White girls lazily snapping and bobbing their heads. Like they've got a sock hop to go to and Gene Pitney is waiting.

Slightly related: Depressing YouTube comments proving that there are a ton of ass-hurt drummers in this world.