A quick Mac Question....

HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
....about garage band.if I want to split up burnt cd tracks that have 2 apiece? thanks,

Comments

• are you fools serious? usually someones barely breathes the m-word and people are gettin their panties bunched.

c'mon, this should be real easy right?

two songs, one cd track , plaese to split up.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    im confused.
    1 song burned to 2 tracks onto a CD
    or one song from a CD put into garage band and turned into 2 Tracks?
    please to specify/elaborate what it is you want to do.

• one of the strut's darlings came over to record some 45s to cd.

the burner ( standalone consumer unit) has an auto track function that will mark the cds between tracks, but only if you give it a second to register that no audio is coming throught the line. now i have a cd of soul heatery with some tracks that have 2-3 song on them. I want to split these up and then delete the fucked up tracks (45s on 33, purp related)

I have been dicking around in gb trying to get er dunn, but i think im going about it the hard way, cutting and pasting and deleting and what not.

theres got to be an easier way, hopr this explains where i'm at and where im trying to go. thanks homey

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i have less than little GB experience but i reccomend spliting the single track where you want it then cutting the second piece and insert it into a new project.
    badda boom.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    never used garbage band before, but im sure there is a way to import tracks from a cd, then spliting an audio track accordingly, and then exporting track to an audio file.

if its not straight forward, you could just delete the region you dont want, then export the entire project to an audio file.

the terminology maybe different (may not be "export"), but the function should be there. o and im sure the manual will prove to be much more helpful than two doods who dont eff with gb (search export).

theres also a ghettotech way of doing this in itunes.

pm me if your interested.

• it's a simple cut and paste maneuver like you are talking about:

1)import the audio file into GB directly from the CD
    2)find where you want to split the file and place the cursor there
    3)split the track (apple+T)
    4)delete the region you do not want - instead of importing that section into a new file, I just undo the cut and delete the region already imported into iTunes
    5)scroll all the way to the end of the song file and look for the purple triangle at the top in the measure bar, drag that to the end of the song, or else it will import it with all the dead air after the song ends
    6)depending on what version you are using (i have GB2) you go up to file/import to iTunes and there you go.
    7)go back to step 4 and repeat until done

• are you fools serious? usually someones barely breathes the m-word and people are gettin their panties bunched.

stop being an ass-hurt bitch ass motherfucker. I think you have your panties in a bunch.