Time to come clean

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
um... this is really hard for me to admit, but seeing as ive been posting here for a while now, i thoght id better come clean and let you all know who i really am...http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6551897.stmFilm star Halle Berry has revealed she joined internet chat-rooms anonymously so she could escape her famous persona. "I have gone online before in search of anonymity and an attempt to leave celebrity out of it and just have a normal chat," the 40-year-old claims. "I just never disclosed that I was Halle Berry," added the US star. But the actress, who stars in thriller Perfect Stranger, said people she chatted with did not believe her when she revealed her true identity. "I was just trying to chat anonymously and just be another person in the chat room having a conversation," explains Berry. "When I decided to say: 'Oh by the way, the person you've been chatting with for a week is me, Halle Berry,' they thought I was just some kook. "They were like: 'Right, sure, get out of here.' They didn't really believe me at that point. So chatting hasn't gone that well for me." In Perfect Stranger, the Oscar-winning actress stars alongside Bruce Willis as an investigative reporter who goes undercover to try to unearth the truth behind a friend's murder. The job involves assuming the identity of a woman who flirts with her boss online. Berry teams up with Bruce Willis in Perfect Stranger Berry, who receives constant tabloid attention, is quick to dismiss any suggestion that she is some "twisted deviant" on the internet, posing as someone else. She says her chat-room experiences are a far cry from the storyline in her movie. Disappointed that online anonymity failed to provide her with some sort of refuge, the actress says she is frustrated that her life is available for "public consumption". "Sometimes it would be really nice to just go to the market and not have to worry about being followed there. But to go there and have some feeling of having a private life," she said. Intimate details of Berry's private life were revealed recently. Parade magazine published an interview with the actress in which she discussed how she attempted to take her own life in 1997. Berry reacted angrily to the article, which she said had been "regurgitated" from an interview years ago. But while the actress would prefer not to revisit that dark time in her life, she believes celebrities should not shy away from opening up about their problems. "I thought early on, if I could help shed some light on a situation and let people know that we, the people that you so admire, are just like you. We have bad days and good days. We are struggling to get life right," says Berry. indeed bitches!

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Hang on, we can't both be Halle Berry...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I got the latest issue of Esquire in the mail yesterday. Halle is on the cover, and I had to ask: What the hell happened to her mug?

Maybe she was getting mad wrinkles or something, but she obviously had some work done on her face, and it completely changed the way she looks (and not in a good way). It's actually kind of sad. She looks so good in the picture above (borderline NSFW -- at least NAGL to open at work in my office, "Hey that lady is naked!"), but now looks completely different.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    So Halle worked the Jizzmop?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    So Halle worked the Jizzmop?

like no other.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    ...at work in my office, "Hey that lady is naked!"
    haha. where do you work? a bowling alley?

"what in tarnation?!..."

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    A list of sites I think NZ Berry has been haunting:

Alt.Atheism- just checking into the other sides argument
    MSN Dominoes- As reported I think I had a dust up with her a few days ago.
    Plano, Texas sex addicts site
    threadcount.com- discussion of all things high end linen