shaggs - philosophy of the world OG pressing?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
this was sparked by the outsider music thread.anybody got an original pressing?my art teacher in high school let me borrow a CD of this once and i dont think i was...ready for it. but i listened to this again recently and its some fucking great shit. id love to have an original but im guessing they are literally impossible to find. anybody know what the run was on this? 100? haha

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The original is on Third World... it's very, very rare... it's like a $1K+ record. There are (I think) two reissues, one from the early 80's and one from the late 80's or 90's - and even they go for a bit of money now.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Popsike's rating system = biggest joke evar.

• Wow, I never knew about this other group called the Shaggs.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i happily 'settled' for the 1980 reissue on Red Rooster/Rounder. $1200 vs. $30, it wasnt too hard to accept!
    even the '80 pressing is getting very hard to find "in the field".

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not sure if it's the OG, but my dad has this record. Wild. I Told him i'd be able to sample it... Still trying!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i happily 'settled' for the 1980 reissue on Red Rooster/Rounder. $1200 vs. $30, it wasnt too hard to accept!

I had no idea the Rounder reissue was bringing $$$$. Some of them on Popsike sold for close to 100 with lots of bids. Even $30 is a lot of an 80s reish, I would have thought.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The single of "My Pal Foot Foot" on Fleetwood*** is even rarer.

[color:red]***Fleetwood is, or was, a Revere, MA label known mainly for sports discs that they'd advertise in DC Comics, although those in the know claim they released some credible garage 45's in the sixties. [/color]

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I had no idea the Rounder reissue was bringing $$$$. Some of them on Popsike sold for close to 100 with lots of bids. Even $30 is a lot of an 80s reish, I would have thought.

So, what other records on Red Rooster/Rounder/Philo/Flying Fish/Alligator... bring more than $6-$15?

[color:red]***Fleetwood is, or was, a Revere, MA label known mainly for sports discs that they'd advertise in DC Comics, although those in the know claim they released some credible garage 45's in the sixties. [/color]

Flat Earth Society is on Fleetwood.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Flat Earth Society is on Fleetwood.

Fleetwood also released a Zouk record called Gemini 5 which is dope and some loner girl shiznit.