Wolfowitz screwed up ($$$ scandal rel)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz in a corruption scandal when the Hawk who was responsible for the war on Iraq got placed into the presidency of the World Bank i was outraged and disgusted and it went over the radarnow the man who's WB campaign was a plan of Responsible Governence (anti-corruption measures) just promoted and payboosted his girlfriend....oh sorry..he paologised for itthat and th fucking cheney/wife halliburton ''ex''president thing pisses me off to no end.. and it will probably go unoticedfinallya bomb exploded in the Iraqi parliament...with the recent attacks in algeria and morroco we are witnessing the globalization of terrorismracism and violence = terrorism problem = never ending cycle = next 50 yearshave a good day

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    whoops sorry.....
    didn't really mean to give my "girlfriend" a 240,000 dollar raise...ooops

let's hope he gets fired from the world bank and then on the way home from the ordeal gets into a fatal car wreck and he dies VERY SLOWLY

hanging is too good for him

fucker started that endless abysimal inferno in iraq and on cue faded into the slimeset

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz in a corruption scandal

just promoted and payboosted his girlfriend....

Not that I am a Wolfowitz apologist, but it didn't go down exactly like that. She was already at the WB when he arrived, and had to leave so that she wouldn't be within his chain of supervision. She received a pay bump at the State Dep't to compensate her for the disruption to her career--which is reasonable, in itself. What's not appropriate is his involvement in the process. But in the larger scheme of bad things that he's done, this is trivial and not really worth talking about.

It's also not exactly news, having already been reported on in detail in the New Yorker and other places--the only new development is that he's now apologizing for it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Not that I am a Wolfowitz apologist, but it didn't go down exactly like that. She was already at the WB when he arrived, and had to leave so that she wouldn't be within his chain of supervision. She received a pay bump at the State Dep't to compensate her for the disruption to her career--which is reasonable, in itself. What's not appropriate is his involvement in the process. But in the larger scheme of bad things that he's done, this is trivial and not really worth talking about.

It's also not exactly news, having already been reported on in detail in the New Yorker and other places--the only new development is that he's now apologizing for it.

thanks for clarifying

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

thanks for clarifying

Just to clarify further: I wasn't trying to go at you or anything. I just think it's unfortunate that following this a lot of people's primary idea of Wolfowitz is going to be "THAT GUY THAT GAVE HIS GIRLFRIEND A RAISE!" which almost makes him less of a bad guy. It humanizes him in terms of public perception. It makes him just seem like some harmless fool that was being led around by his libido, and people should be taking the (bad) things that he's done a lot more seriously.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    people should be taking the (bad) things that he's done a lot more seriously.

Agreed. Wolfowitz is directly responsible for a whole lot of bad shit over the past, oh, six years. What's truly remarkable is how one man can at once be such a useless pustule and a pernicious asshole.