what became of Mingering Mikes' work?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
where is it now?was it given back to him?was it given to a museum?did i miss a small sentence in the book where it says?great fucking book.i was going to buy it in Oregon. it was sold out. my mother went out there a few days after me and calls me. i told her about the bookstore. they must of gotten another copy in. she bought it for me.awesome book.

Comments

• I've been holding on to everything, and ultimately we hope the collection will end up in a museum, at least for a while. Believe it or not Mike has never asked for the albums back - he prefers that I keep them so that others can enjoy them.

On June 2nd the entire collection goes on display here in DC for two months at a gallery called Hemphill Fine Arts (14th St. NW & P). After that, not too sure. We're working on lining up more shows, both here and overseas, but nothing's nailed down yet.

You really need to see this stuff in person to fully experience the magnitude of this work. At the shows there will be more on display than was able to make it into the book - Mike made over 65 record labels and a number of 45s. Seeing everything together and in person is an amazing experience to say the least!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    On June 2nd the entire collection goes on display here in DC for two months at a gallery called Hemphill Fine Arts (14th St. NW & P).

Road Trip!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I look forward to this show coming to New York or to Philly. I need to get the book asap though... speaking of, is there a place I can buy this online?

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Wait'll you see the site remix. Coming soon.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I look forward to this show coming to New York or to Philly. I need to get the book asap though... speaking of, is there a place I can buy this online?

Amazon

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    On June 2nd the entire collection goes on display here in DC for two months at a gallery called Hemphill Fine Arts (14th St. NW & P). After that, not too sure. We're working on lining up more shows, both here and overseas, but nothing's nailed down yet.

Sounds like more than enough reason to trek from CT to DC. Will "Mike" be making an appearance at the opening, or does he prefer to remain behind the scenes? Regardless, I'd absolutely love to take a look at his work in person.

Actually ... the book should be waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home. Cannot wait to crack it open.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I've gone through the collection, and have to echo what dori said.... it's impossible to fully appreciate it without seeing it in person. some of the small print and pencil indentations that were erased are

• Will "Mike" be making an appearance at the opening, or does he prefer to remain behind the scenes?

I'm sure he will be there, but he'll probably lurk in the background (which might not be too hard, because I think it's going to be packed)..