replacement for Lose Control (Movie HELP related!)

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
so I'm music supervisor for this low -budget documentary on the affects of Sneaker Marketing in NY, Africa & Austria called "Sneaker Stories" and we can't get the rights to Missy's Lose Control. Now I need to replace it. the Filmmakers are against using any overtly sexist shit so it kills a bunch of ish, so I'm here asking for help. does anyone make this kinda uptempo ish that's free of any major sample issues? Or better yet, do any of you old heads have that DAT of old Hip House tracks lying around???I need something that's in the same ballpark tempo-wise as Lose Control for a scene in which a group of girls are dancing to it. I can email anyone interested the scene.Compensation: As it's a low-budget thing, it's not a ton of money. We're not asking for free, but you won't be able to cop a Shark BAPE hoody with shipping.PM, put on blast or him me up directly at [email]georges@outbackconcerts.com[/email] for more info.THANKS,Georges

Comments

• check out a group called Twiligh 22. they had a couple of electro hop hits (a la Planet Rock) in the early 80s: "Electric Kingdom" is the album

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    could you license the OG to 'lose control'?

cybotron - 'clear'

that or use Hashim - Al-Naafiysh [CLASSICSTATUSELECTROCARDBOARDBOXBURNER]

• awallawall 673 Posts
    could you license the OG to 'lose control'?

cybotron - 'clear'
    if not that, poison clan "shake whatcha mamma gave ya" which also utilizes "clear"

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    We tried Poison Clan, but the lyrical content took it out of the consideration....

They're trying to find something "current" at that 130 BPM...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What about that LL one that uses it. I don't remember what the lyrics where like but it uses the same sample. Maybe you should just use the instrumental to that one.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    What about that LL one that uses it. I don't remember what the lyrics where like but it uses the same sample. Maybe you should just use the instrumental to that one.

LOL for those not reading - IT'S A LOW BUDGET FILM. We don't have LL dollars. that's why I'm looking for ARTISTS on the strut who make music and might have something in this vein who could use 700-800 bucks.